Gleaner R6 - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2012, 12:36 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Gleaner R6

I am looking at a 1986 Gleaner R6 and it is a wheat machine not a corn soybean special. Outside of the variable speed header drive what else is different between the wheat machine and the corn soybean special? There are not many R6 or R7's in my area so wondering if a person wanted to pick some corn or beans could a person get it done?
Farmer_Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 10:49 AM   #2 (permalink)

Where are you located? We are also looking at an R6 Gleaner that is a grain machine. You see tons of N7's and R70's but I think the R6 and R7 models were quite rare since they were only in production one year.
clinton005 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2012, 11:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default Location

I am located in Kansas...with the R 6 & 7 manufactured in one year there are not many around to look at....I am just skeptical of going to an R60 or R 70 with that air-cooled engine..just does not make sense to me to put an air-cooled engine in a wheat combine when you are out there in 90's and 100 degree temps and with all of that dirt and they say just keep it clean...had a neighbor with one of them two years ago, during wheat harvest all of a sudden it was sitting at the edge of the field with a R-62 in the field...asked them later and all they said it crashed and we traded..
Farmer_Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2012, 05:47 AM   #4 (permalink)

Don't be afraid of the duetz. We harvest at hotter temps in australia and the duetz is good. IF the fan is in good condition it keeps itself clean. I would say you would clean the water cooled radiator more. The case combines I quite often harvest with in hot weather are pulling up to clean radiators more than I have to do it. The only dislike is that the air blast in the engine bay is not as good as the water cooled and gets dusty. I think the pluses of a duetz far outweigh the negatives. I will miss the note of the duetz V8 on the S67.

Last edited by silverrod; 10-29-2012 at 03:14 PM.
silverrod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.