1986 R6 gleaner - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2012, 03:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 1986 R6 gleaner

I just purchased an R6 gleaner for about 12000. It came with a 1991 22" flex head (really good condition) and an older 27" straight head (not pretty but works). It also has a sunnybrook rotor with about 600 hours on it. Its a really clean machine but i live in an area where red and green is all you see. I was hoping someone could give some advice on if it was a good purchase and another thing i was wondering how long the engines last in this model (3463 engine hours) and what kind of horsepower its kicking out?Also i havent heard how this specific model does in corn. Any information would be helpful and greatly appreciated!!!!
BigBoxy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2012, 09:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

Sounds like a decent deal to me, the R6 is a fairly rare machine, only made for one year. I have heard that its a good idea to replace the bottom end bearings but if the oil pressure is good, say around 50psi I wouldn't worry. Puts out about 220 hp. There are a number of good modifications that can be done to these machines, many have been described in detail on this forum. I own a N-6 but only have a pickup head and have had no experience in corn. Good luck with your purchase..
gleanerman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2012, 07:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

we just traded our r6 last week and upgraded to a r62. ran a 6row head and 15 ft flex on ours and loved it. would recommend unloading her when it approaches 5000 hrs. on engine. we had no trouble but heard thats about all they last. good luck.
chubbyhick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2012, 09:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks guys for the help. It really helped
BigBoxy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.