Super 67 and Super 77 - Page 5 - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2010, 09:52 PM   #41 (permalink)

Default Re: Super 67 and Super 77

In Colby, Our %FM was under 1% (If I remember right the sample we took was around .7%) I do remember the 9770s sample was 2.5x ours for %FM. Both machines cut in the same field at the same time, dumped in separate trucks and went to the same elevator. While we can do better than .7%, I think the 9770s result can help you gauge the conditions we were in.

Corsair, remember HP is the only measure of Combine Class. With our current engine, the S77 is just barely under class eight. Anymore and it's an eight. Same with the Super Six. It's just under Class 7.

We didn't change the cab because the priority was on functional items. Believe me, there are always more things on the wish list than budget. We focused on things with big payoffs like the new processor and the powerfold extensions.

Stony, I can't wait for you to drive one next year as well. Maybe even this year if one of them comes near you. And you'll love it with the flexdraper. It's like they were made for each other.
gleanersuper7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2010, 09:56 PM   #42 (permalink)

Here's a photo for all you Gleaner fans
Old 08-13-2010, 09:57 PM   #43 (permalink)

And for corn
Old 08-13-2010, 09:59 PM   #44 (permalink)

and working.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:57 PM   #45 (permalink)

You have to be kidding me. With our 9770s and before that 9760s, I got below 1% dockage and a lot of times around .5% or even lower. And I have thousands on top of thousands of grain sample tickets to back me up on this. Did you actually have an operator in the 9770s or a steering wheel holder. I'm not calling you a liar or bashing the combine but its stuff like this that makes some people doubt the tests when only one company with an agenda puts them on.
jd95guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2010, 11:14 PM   #46 (permalink)

why didn't you put the new style cab on it?
mf9790 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2010, 11:29 PM   #47 (permalink)

FYI the new brochure has an ERROR on the John Deere average unload rate. It's listed as 3.0, when the average is 3.3 bu/sec.

We generally have under 1% dock as well, many of them bellow .5%.
farmerjones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2010, 12:34 AM   #48 (permalink)

The bin gets trashy when you have the concave and shoe opened up trying to keep up....
kswind is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2010, 01:21 AM   #49 (permalink)

A few things worth talking about. First, we did not do benchmark test in Onida because crop was laying nearly flat on the ground. We ran, but the conditions were rotten for everyone. Our benchmarks with the Deere for wheat were done in Colby, Ks. Not only did we harvest more bu per hour, we did it with less fuel and with a remarkably better grain sample. We did more. We did it better. And we did it with less.

And, yes, we're headed to harvest corn but it won't be the first time we've tested this machine in it. Beans too. Part of the reason we made the changes we did was to extend the advantages you admit a Gleaner has in wheat to other crops.

nth, the S77 has a lot more capacity than an R75 plus is has a lot of changes to other functional areas. We're sending one to Canada in the next few weeks and they'll be one at Red Deer. You should call your dealer if you want to take a closer look. They have all the specs and comparisons and will happily share them with you.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:41 AM   #50 (permalink)

is there any other way of getting the results?? i am in Australia - My dealer didnt even know there was one coming out unitl i told him - so seriously doubt he will know anything about it... and even if he did - he would say as he is still trying to flog a R76 - so hes not exactly going to say the s77 is heaps better, wait until then!
luxford8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.