Super 67 and Super 77 - Page 5 - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 325 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 11:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Super 67 and Super 77

The bin gets trashy when you have the concave and shoe opened up trying to keep up....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 325 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 12:21 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

A few things worth talking about. First, we did not do benchmark test in Onida because crop was laying nearly flat on the ground. We ran, but the conditions were rotten for everyone. Our benchmarks with the Deere for wheat were done in Colby, Ks. Not only did we harvest more bu per hour, we did it with less fuel and with a remarkably better grain sample. We did more. We did it better. And we did it with less.

And, yes, we're headed to harvest corn but it won't be the first time we've tested this machine in it. Beans too. Part of the reason we made the changes we did was to extend the advantages you admit a Gleaner has in wheat to other crops.

nth, the S77 has a lot more capacity than an R75 plus is has a lot of changes to other functional areas. We're sending one to Canada in the next few weeks and they'll be one at Red Deer. You should call your dealer if you want to take a closer look. They have all the specs and comparisons and will happily share them with you.

post #43 of 325 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 04:41 AM

is there any other way of getting the results?? i am in Australia - My dealer didnt even know there was one coming out unitl i told him - so seriously doubt he will know anything about it... and even if he did - he would say as he is still trying to flog a R76 - so hes not exactly going to say the s77 is heaps better, wait until then!
post #44 of 325 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 06:13 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

If you get less than 1%, that's great. But this test did happen with a brand new 9770, we video taped it and I'll even see if we can dig up the original tickets.

It's not stuff like this that makes people disbelieve test results. It's people that refuse to believe their brand is not the absolute best at all times. We ran the machines in the same conditions, same field and for the same amount of time. We're not particularly proud of the .7% (we can do better) but it is the result from the test just as the result from the 9770 is what it is. Question the operator ability if you must, but that's the only variable left. We controlled for everything else and he had nothing to gain (and a lot to lose) by producing a trashy sample. I think Kswind might have a really good point. We still cut more bu in the hour than the 9770 did though we did have a bigger header.

We did not change the cab because like every product development project budgets and time are limitations. Changing out a cab changes so many different systems in the machine and it takes a whole lot of testing the make sure there is not something wrong with how the new pieces go together. The current cab is great. And I would not sacrifice having larger accelerator rolls or the power fold extensions just to fix something that aint broke.

Lux, I spoke with the Gleaner Aus marketing manager at the launch. You're going to start seeing materials and discussion about the S77 as soon as we can get one there. If you don't want to wait, private message me and I'll see what I can get you.

Luuk, I don't know if a dealer is bringing an S7 to the Red Deer show but I know we're bringing one. I'm glad we'll see you there.
post #45 of 325 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 07:18 AM
HI!

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1944 Post(s)

True, but it's still over 20% faster.
More important to me though would be a hopper that holds 30% more.

Don
post #46 of 325 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 07:27 AM
HI!

Pentagon seems to have changed the Red Deer shop to Lexion and the Alberta Harvest Center but the Lacombe shop still sells Agco combines I think.
Besides, what about Trochu Motors?

Don
post #47 of 325 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 07:36 AM
HI!

post #48 of 325 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 09:53 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

maybe smith in lougheed he is a big gleaner dealer also has red and yellow.
post #49 of 325 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Anybody, including elevator employees that have experience around most combines know that Gleaners have led by far in producing the best sample (especially wheat & beans). Clean samples are a byproduct of machine setup and a good design. They (Gleaner) have not always been the fastest or most popular. I believe these conversations have gone away from finding out the facts to witch hunting or "my brand is the best no matter what"! I remember when I left the red ones for Gleaner I was boycotted in some circles. This after I researched (for 1 year) and made my decision on seed quality and machine quality etc. We have 3 excellent dealers (all colors) in the area so it was not an issue of service but my decision would not have been as easy if I had no Gleaner dealer in the area.
post #50 of 325 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 11:40 AM

Was the bookkeeper at local elevator for about 4 years, saw crops harvested in all conditions in those years, good conditions very little little difference in grade, tough conditions red and green suffered with FM, could be operator, but if it was it was consistant. I also farm, run a Gleaner, prior elevator owners told me to add FM, cause I was loosing weight.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page