Agco switching to only Massey and Challenger in Na - Page 8 - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2009, 10:45 PM   #71 (permalink)

Default Re: Agco switching to only Massey and Challenger i

paintem all one color and get it over with
Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2009, 11:23 PM   #72 (permalink)

So its time for me to jump in. In front of me is the book the proud history of AGCO.Here are some quotes" on becoming part of the company Massey Ferguson doubled AGCO's revenue and generated 4000 new dealers around the world" and "It was astonishing to witness AGCO's rise into a global player injust a few short years.More than half of AGCO's sales took place out side of North America,and in 1994,that number increased to 57 percent."In 1995 64% of sales were MASSEY FERGUSON.I will say it again the Orange tractor will go the Gleaner will and should stay.The Gleaner will always be a Gleaner even if it is red and says Gleaner series by Massey Ferguson or what ever.
onionfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2009, 11:39 PM   #73 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Christian A. Herrnboeck Send a message via MSN to Christian A. Herrnboeck Send a message via Yahoo to Christian A. Herrnboeck

They are developing the R86... Class 8 version of the nat-flo.

AGCO has four distinct combine lines now:
Massey Ferguson - Delta (hybrid)
Massey Ferguson - Rotary (9005 series)
Massey Ferguson - Conventional (Laverdra)
Gleaner - Natural Flo

Ya'll are missing an important point here... Iowa/Illinois/Ohio are about the size of a needle in the world, which is a haystack. You're NOT important to a global corporation. Do you know why John Deere is so hellbent on the NA market? Because it's the only one they can compete in

Challenger seems to sell very well in Soviet-bloc countries. The CAT name resonates, and they make mega-deals in farm machinery - think 30 combines, 20 tractors, etc. etc. in one deal to one farm.

The name MasseyFerguson resonates world-wide. The World is big. It's round. It's much bigger than the corn belt. It's much bigger than the USA. It's much bigger than North America.

Gleaner won't go anywhere that fast... though how many American wheat-farmers will buy a Gleaner when the new hybrid can do everything it can & faster & with less fuel? Put an R75 Gleaner into the same field as a Lexion 575.
Christian A. Herrnboeck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2009, 12:38 AM   #74 (permalink)
farmerleach

I guess ritchy bros will have some good sales when/if the russians or who ever backs out on these large volumn deals. Wih their dealer network in NA these units might be pretty cheep.

I don't know, our gleaner was alway very fuel efficent, I'd say within a 10% of what lexion claims. Would have to check records. I don't know, but break each of thoes machines and I would rather fix on the gleaner
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2009, 01:46 AM   #75 (permalink)
farmerleach

This is interesting. Recently I was talking to salesmen of different colors, and the word is, is that Agco will be dropping Fendt in NA. While their are pockets of fendt support all over, the brand just hasn't taken off. They are a nice machine, I ran one on a demo at my buddies place. Price is the big factor one those machines. Massey, challenger and Agco have the same transmission, and all of the same features, for thousands less. I to can see them dropping the Challenger line. Here in Alberta, the cat dealers dropped the entire Ag line, Wheels and tracked tractors, haying and harvesting. Reason being, to hard to sell. Agco wanted them to sell Challenger equipment at a premium price, and the only thing that you got for the premium over Massey or Agco, was the color. And my cat salesman friend, really didn't like dealing with the Ag line, being in the middle of three agco dealers farmers were always wanting to dicker on the price and see if they could get it for less than the agco dealers. On the harvest end of things, I'm not sure weather pre-delivery on the lexion combines was bad or what the deal was, but they always had at least service truck tied up with servicing combines. In contrast, on morning when I went to take a look at a piece of equipment, He had sold just over 2 mill in cat equipment. His entire Ag sales for the previous year was just over 3.5 mil. Economically it didn't make sense for finning (cat) to sell Ag equipment. So i think eventually that all cat dealers will quit selling Ag equipment.

In my opinion Acgo has a good product line. The really should let dealers sell what they can. How much more does it cost paint things orange or red? If they are concerned about market share, discontinuing one line or the other isn't going to help them increase market share. Its going to pi$$ off the consumer who may go some where Else.

On the combine side, Our last two combines were, a R62 followed by a Massey 9790. Both good machines. The gleaner was a very solid machine. I do feel however that the quality control on the Massey was a little lacking. Even looking at the equipment at the farm show, it doesn't seem quite a fit and finished as the Case or Deere. But it is getting better.

Gleaner makes a good machine, and if it does disappear, it won't be anytime soon, IMO. They have spent money on R&D on their R86 or what ever they are going to call it. They may be at a limit as to what the machine can do in its current configuration, but not every one needs a class 8, or 9 combine. And what we found when running the gleaner, a class 6 was pretty close to capacity of the competitions class 7 machines. So I hope they don't drop it, I want one.

I guess it probably doesn't matter to much what we all think, some idiot in an office looking at numbers and trends, will probably be the one who has the final say.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2009, 08:20 AM   #76 (permalink)

Slip up? Thats Richenhagens operative term. This is a case of putting the monkey in boiling water or putting in the monkey in water then turning on the heat. Richenhagens real intent was let out of the bag. His intent was death through a thousand cuts. The dictator hates Gleaner combines and Orange tractors. Go to the following web site and read his comments and interviews. They are all hyperlinked:

http://thegatheringoftheorange.blogspot.com/

You as dealers need to fight back and fight back hard. GET YOUR AREA DEALERS TOGETHER and contact your associations now. This is your opportunity to act!
orange is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2009, 09:20 AM   #77 (permalink)

Perhaps not a 'slip up'

It might be a case of put up or shut up - a deliberately released comment to see what the reaction will be.

If (And a big if!) it may well be the traditional supporters who say they want the brand then they will be forced to step up to the mark and actively support it.

Of course Richenhagen may be an alien controlled by greenstar technology.

Choose which conspiracy theory you want...
tellarian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2009, 09:27 AM   #78 (permalink)

Well masseypride, you and every other massey fan on here that I've directed the would you switch if Agco killed Massey scenario to has never given me an answer. So would you guys please tell me, if Agco all of a sudden discontinued to Massey name and color, line, so on and so forth...would you switch to the other Agco brands? Would you be okay if all the combines were painted silver and said Gleaner from now on? Would you switch to orange or yellow tractors? Nobody will give me an answer on that, everybody always fires back about how Massey saved Agco and so on and so on.
/
connor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2009, 09:30 AM   #79 (permalink)

We have supported the brands! NA sales numbers prove it. We went through this in 1988-1989, why would the end result be any different this time. Richenhagen wants to rid himself of the Gleaner/AGCO dealers - its on the 3Q conference call - he said it, nobody else.
orange is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2009, 01:37 PM   #80 (permalink)

I am an AGCO MF dealer and I was informed today that we will be receiving a letter within the week about the remarks made by AGCO. I will keep you informed. I was told that the remarks made were a "slip up". Not sure what thet means but I for one hope the orange tractors and silver combines stay around. They are our heritage and have our loyalty.
agcomfdealer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.