Gleaner F - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2009, 11:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Gleaner F

I am looking to buy a model F with a 20 ft header. This combine is in mint condition and only has 1742 hrs on it. the only crop this combine has harvested looks to be just dryland wheat in eastern New Mexico. I was hoping someone could help me figure out what this combine is worth.
gleanercii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2009, 11:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Gleaner F

There are still a lot of “F”s and early “F2”s running in our area (Southwest, Mo). Most are used only a couple of weeks out of the year to cut Ky31 Fescue Seed. In the last couple of years I’ve seen many trade hands and the straight “F”s seem to bring anywhere from $400 to $3500 depending on the condition and head(s) included (a 10ft gleaner pick-up head is worth gold around here and many times the older machines bring much more if one is included). With that being said, we kind of have a common rule of thumb that any "base mahine" that is gas and non-hydro usually maxes out at about $2500-give or take a couple bucks- even if "show-room slick" (unless of course it’s a collector piece or once belonged to the purchasers grandfather or something like that…or if its the middle of "fescue season" and your old machine blows-up... then they may creep up in value a bit...... ) Hope this is helpful.
scottcupps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2009, 05:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

I paid $3750 for an F2 in fair shape; this in north Georgia, where combines are a little bit of a rarity. It needed some work, but had harvested rye grass seed last season.
hflyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2009, 05:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

In my previous post I forgot to mention my F2 had a 13' pick up header...it also was in "fair" condition....
hflyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2009, 09:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

I found out that the guy selling the combine is asking $5,000. He may get to keep it. he said his price was firm.
gleanercii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2009, 07:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

Just my 2 cents but those combines aren't being made anymore and if it's the size and condition you want then close your eyes and pay the man!!
dove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2009, 07:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

We paid 4800 for our F2 diesel hydro last summer, with a 430 corn head, and a 15 ft. flex head. I would say look around.
gleanerf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2014, 06:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thank you for*good*communication.

Last edited by Rebyataneym; 06-01-2014 at 08:55 PM.
Rebyataneym is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2014, 08:11 PM   #9 (permalink)

there was an auction here 3 weeks ago after a dairy farm sold out, 1987 green strip F3 with a pickup, 13ft rigid, 13ft flex and a 4 row corn head sold for 14000$. No thats not a typo-it had 1000 original hours
young.farmer90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2014, 01:13 AM   #10 (permalink)

diesel is worth more, and hydrostat is worth alot more. if it has both, and it is in mint condition, I would say its worth that.
Our farm purchases a combine soley on its ability to do an excellent job in all of our crops, while being fuel efficient, reliable, ruggedly built, and easy to repair. That is why we choose a Gleaner.
gmguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.