R62 gleaner Mods - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2009, 08:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default R62 gleaner Mods

Hello everyone.
i know this has been done to death, but i would still like some advice.
i am running a 96 R62 gleaner, wheat, barley, canola - but mainly wheat. - it is completely stock! - no mods at all.
fitted with agco 30' draper front.
the machine has done a few hours now so i am not looking to spend a fortune on it, as i might be traded in a year or three.
since i am pulling the rotor out and doing a few maintance jobs on it at the moment - i was wondering if anyone can give me some ideas to increase performance - i dont want to spend heaps on it as i mentioned before, so cant go crazy and do all the mods - is there a few that would be a well worth doing - some that may not make it the best out there, but will give it a good lift in capacity and/or make it do a better job.

thanks again - like i said i cant afford to go crazy on it, just would like to make a few simple mod,s if people think it is worth while - or should i keep it standard???
luxford8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2009, 10:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: R62 gleaner Mods

Do the helical extension over the upper feeder corner, do a high pitch helical from gearbox side to helical extension, extend bars all the way into discharge, and get rid off reverse bars on rotor. this should be minimal cost and not a lot of work. If wanting to do more, the lowering of the rear feed floor is worth it as well. Pictures of all this should be on Hurtt Equipments web site, address is not coming to mind so you will need to google it
keystone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2009, 05:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

There is a wealth of info on the hypermods website which is accessible via www.harvesting.com/combine/gleaner and click on the hypermods button on the left hand side. Then use the menu at the top of this site to select the material you are after. This site has all the older machine information, and Dan Hurrt's site has more recent info, especially regarding the new rotors. The stacking of the helicals and the removal of the reverse bars would sure be a good start.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2009, 05:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Oops, I meant replacement of the reverse bars with forward bars.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2009, 05:16 AM   #5 (permalink)

thanks guys -
i dont want to go over the top with it, but i will remove the reverse bars, and fill in the corner where it feeds the rotor to stop slugging. one of the locals here makes a new 'wind tunnel' that is reshaped for better flow? - anyone else bother with that? much improvement?
luxford8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.