Gleaner 90Th Anniversary Promotional items - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2013, 09:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Gleaner 90Th Anniversary Promotional items

Does anybody know if Gleaner has any 90Th Anniversary posters & shirts with anything on the 90Th Anniversary ,like a S88 or S77 ? I have a shirt with the S77. I have posters of the 70Th & 85Th Anniversary. I collect anything Gleaner & AGCO/Allis Chalmers which is History. Would appriate any help as Gleaner is no help with emails. They send me a link to their website where they sell stuff. They have no idea how to market anything. AGCO would still be around as a brand if they would market like deere & caseih. I cant get any help on a poster on a Challenger 975 either. Do they Cat dealers have anything . We have no Cat Dealer in Greenville,Ohio Area that i know of. OHio Cat in troy dont sell AG anymore. I see people with hats with Challenger tractors on them. Cant find anything around here. Had to get a hat from Kansas with a AGCO Tractor on it. Sorry for the rambling. I Shouldnt have to spend $300,000 on a combine or tractor to get a $15.00 hat or shirt. Thanks in advance . Please email me if anybody has anything around forsale. Thank you, Chad Shafer cldshafer 2027@ woh.rr.com
AGCO 2027 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2013, 10:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

You can order just the 90th anniversary Gleaner decals separately for the real combines, if you want the decals. I collect Gleaner stuff as well as Allis Chalmers.
Was told they gave out flashlights at Louisville that had 90th anniversary logo's on it. I would like to know as well, if there will be hats, belt buckles etc for the 90th anniversary.

Jason
JasonB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2013, 11:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

It is hard to get Gleaner stuff. I tried to get a Gleaner clock for our shop and couldn't get one. The dealer would sell me John Deere clocks but couldn't get a Gleaner clock so we had to make one of our own.
glennw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2013, 09:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

I just dont understand something that sells,dont promote their products. AGCO needs better marketing to sell more. I think a shirt with a Fordson with Baldwin Gleaner Combine on front & a S77 on back with 90Th Anniversary would look Great. The 90th hats they have should have a S77 on it like the 70Th Anniversary Allis Chalmers has a 8070 on it. Market with your Best sellers is what i am saying. Hope AGCO Reads on here.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGCO 2027 View Post
Does anybody know if Gleaner has any 90Th Anniversary posters & shirts with anything on the 90Th Anniversary ,like a S88 or S77 ? I have a shirt with the S77. I have posters of the 70Th & 85Th Anniversary. I collect anything Gleaner & AGCO/Allis Chalmers which is History. Would appriate any help as Gleaner is no help with emails. They send me a link to their website where they sell stuff. They have no idea how to market anything. AGCO would still be around as a brand if they would market like deere & caseih. I cant get any help on a poster on a Challenger 975 either. Do they Cat dealers have anything . We have no Cat Dealer in Greenville,Ohio Area that i know of. OHio Cat in troy dont sell AG anymore. I see people with hats with Challenger tractors on them. Cant find anything around here. Had to get a hat from Kansas with a AGCO Tractor on it. Sorry for the rambling. I Shouldnt have to spend $300,000 on a combine or tractor to get a $15.00 hat or shirt. Thanks in advance . Please email me if anybody has anything around forsale. Thank you, Chad Shafer cldshafer 2027@ woh.rr.com
Ohio CAT sure is still in ag, and they sell Gleaners too. They do have 4-5 ag specific locations that handle the bulk of their inventory, but Troy can get you anything the other stores have.

The 90th anniversary has nothing to do with AGCO and its Gleaner combine. The 90th anniversary is for the Baldwin company which ceased to exist in the 1930's. The Gleaner combines that we have been familiar with over the past 40 years are the bi-product of Allis-Chalmars.
_Muddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2013, 11:19 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGCO 2027 View Post
I just dont understand something that sells,dont promote their products. AGCO needs better marketing to sell more. I think a shirt with a Fordson with Baldwin Gleaner Combine on front & a S77 on back with 90Th Anniversary would look Great. The 90th hats they have should have a S77 on it like the 70Th Anniversary Allis Chalmers has a 8070 on it. Market with your Best sellers is what i am saying. Hope AGCO Reads on here.
They only sell to current customers. When was the last time you saw late model red, green, yellow combines sitting on an AGCO dealer's used lot because they had been traded in on any new AGCO combine. And i'm not talking about the exception who use to own a Gleaner or Massey and thought they would try one again. I'm talking more that 1-2+ competitive trades a year, annually. I doesn't happen.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

AGCO owns Gleaner,so it does have to do with AGCO as far as ownership .
Old 05-27-2013, 11:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Muddy View Post
They only sell to current customers. When was the last time you saw late model red, green, yellow combines sitting on an AGCO dealer's used lot because they had been traded in on any new AGCO combine. And i'm not talking about the exception who use to own a Gleaner or Massey and thought they would try one again. I'm talking more that 1-2+ competitive trades a year, annually. I doesn't happen.

Our dealership traded JD 9500 for a S67
a CIH 2388 for a R76
and 2 others that were leasing 7120 CIH leased S77's
this was all last year. None of these people have ever ran Gleaners before.
chevyman2995 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2013, 04:14 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyman2995 View Post
Our dealership traded JD 9500 for a S67
a CIH 2388 for a R76
and 2 others that were leasing 7120 CIH leased S77's
this was all last year. None of these people have ever ran Gleaners before.
It's possible, but highly improbable. 7120's and 7130's are more expensive than the S77, meaning that they likely chose a to go with a lesser combine for the price.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:08 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Muddy View Post
It's possible, but highly improbable. 7120's and 7130's are more expensive than the S77, meaning that they likely chose a to go with a lesser combine for the price.
Sounds like a pretty good reason to change colors!

I am surprised that Gleaner is getting into the lease market. I would have thought they would have learned from what happened to JD with the 9600 leasing program years ago. I can understand a dealer leasing a used machine that is setting on his lot but not the company leasing new machines.
Gleaner Baldwin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.