110Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 403 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 10:05 AM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4537 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by massey_cyclone View Post
If i can't buy a Massey combine then AGCO can kiss my business goodbye.
I don’t buy that, if it’s a good machine you’ll buy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 403 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 11:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Quote:
Heard something real disappointing yesterday, this ideal combine might not even be badged Massey Ferguson. I hope Ideal will not become its own separate AGCO brand. All the effort they put getting rid of old brands like Allis and White only for them add more again. Makes no sense to me, this might mean the end of Massey combines in Canada. If i can't buy a Massey combine then AGCO can kiss my business goodbye.
I asked that question at Agri-trade, I was told that the MF badge will be available. Remember not every dealer is a Challenger or Gleaner dealer, I doubt they would leave them without a combine. But we shall see........

post #13 of 403 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 02:18 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alta66 View Post
I asked that question at Agri-trade, I was told that the MF badge will be available. Remember not every dealer is a Challenger or Gleaner dealer, I doubt they would leave them without a combine. But we shall see........
You might be right. Rumors can always be a load of bull. However agco did leave Massey dealers without a 4 wheel drive. To leave them without a combine would not be a huge leap from there. Like you said, we shall see......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 403 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 10:27 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
You might be right. Rumors can always be a load of bull. However agco did leave Massey dealers without a 4 wheel drive. To leave them without a combine would not be a huge leap from there. Like you said, we shall see......
I understand where your coming from. I often thought that if Agco would have introduced the Agcostar as a MF tractor years ago, Massey Ferguson would still be in the 4WD market. Now every MF dealer sells Versatile. The European videos show the Combine in either badged MF or Fendt but I have noticed that the north american videos have Ideal as the brand. Weird
post #15 of 403 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 11:11 AM
HI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-MAN View Post
I have noticed that the north american videos have Ideal as the brand.
Is it harder to live up to MF or Ideal badging?
post #16 of 403 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 11:20 AM

Quoted: 214 Post(s)
I thought that I had heard that they were going to be black, regardless of branding, and just have a different decal on the front and sides to tell weather its Massey, Challenger, Fendt, Valtra, Gleaner, or what ever other brand they have. I'll go out on a limb here but, I don't think that the decal is going to change the readability or function of the combine. Personally its not going to matter to me, if it works I'll consider one when its time to change machines, if it doesn't well hopefully claas is done with yellow on there combines by that time.

Statistics are like a Bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal, is vital.

Aaron Levenstien
post #17 of 403 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 02:53 PM
HI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 712alberta View Post
if it doesn't well hopefully claas is done with yellow on there combines by that time.
At the rate you trade I believe your wish will be met, lol.
post #18 of 403 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018, 03:30 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boles View Post
Is it harder to live up to MF or Ideal badging?
Good question Don. The Ideal starts with a clean slate with only the baggage AGCO brings. I am aware that there seems to be a lot of MF baggage. On the other hand, we have been very well served with MF equipment and they do have a long heritage. I have great memories of working with all kinds of Masseys' like a 245, 3670, 4840, 9790 and driving a newer Versatile is ok but there is still is nothing like working with an old 4880. The sound, the seating position, it has been and still is a great tractor. The Versatile has a long way to go before is has the same place in my heart but I will admit that it is a nice tractor. I have some buddies that have had huge issues as of late with their favorite brand and they will still argue that its the best money can buy so In the end its goes down to personal preference.
post #19 of 403 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018, 10:01 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1003 Post(s)
I can't wait to see these machines. It looks like it has a lot of great features and thought put into it. Hopefully they sell lots and force the other manufactures to come out will some of the newer designs they have been working on. This machine should be able to give a Lexion a run for it money.
post #20 of 403 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 01:50 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Heard something real disappointing yesterday, this ideal combine might not even be badged Massey Ferguson. I hope Ideal will not become its own separate AGCO brand. All the effort they put getting rid of old brands like Allis and White only for them add more again. Makes no sense to me, this might mean the end of Massey combines in Canada. If i can't buy a Massey combine then AGCO can kiss my business goodbye.
off topic but(not trying to start an argument, but one will start anyways): Why were you massey people saying "it doesn't matter, they're all the same machine, just rebadged" when Allis orange went out and the Allis people were going nuts?

(may not have been on this forum, but there are quite a few examples online, and at the dealer)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page