The Big Massey - Page 3 - The Combine Forum
 117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 426 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 09:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Run the ideal alongside lexion 780 and the new holland, the big one cant remember what number for a season in big north american fields
Pushed as hard as possible if the ideal can nose ahead with minimum losses and more importanly prove reliable then sales should follow.
It has to be better than the opposition to lure the large growers and custom cutters away from the others because with the claas and holland you know what youre getting the have the reputation .
Have run masseys myself for the last few years but buy them on price if money was not an option would defnitely try claas or holland
Maybe the ideal will restore the MF combines fortunes but build quality would want to be better than some of the european models of the last twenty years good designs spoilt by poor and weak materials.
If gleaners were sold here i would love to try one if the are half as good as the videos cant understand why agco dont push harder to sell.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 426 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 09:46 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 825 Post(s)
I wonder what the option packages will be once they hit the retail stage. The whole concept of automated separation adjustment is great and has proven itself a bit in other brands, but sometimes operator training isn't always a viable option. Maybe some "management only" firewalls would be smart in the operating system where it relates to grain saving and sample quality? Header and feeder settings are getting a bit complex as well, especially on the hydraulically flexible ones.

post #23 of 426 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 48MackEQT View Post
off topic but(not trying to start an argument, but one will start anyways): Why were you massey people saying "it doesn't matter, they're all the same machine, just rebadged" when Allis orange went out and the Allis people were going nuts?

(may not have been on this forum, but there are quite a few examples online, and at the dealer)
I understand where you are coming from, and honestly you are right to point that out. It is selfish of us to make it all about us when our favorite brand seems to be getting kicked aside. On the subject to Allis going out, i honestly never cared for the brand itself. Not saying there was anything bad about it, just was never a fan of the orange. That's just my opinion, and its not meant to offend anyone.
SK Farmer likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 426 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 11:48 PM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Kelvin Heppner of Real Agriculture says the Ideal is coming to NA badged as a Fendt, not a Massey or a Challenger.

https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=%23CFPS18&src=tren
post #25 of 426 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 12:59 AM

Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iksn View Post
Kelvin Heppner of Real Agriculture says the Ideal is coming to NA badged as a Fendt, not a Massey or a Challenger.

https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=%23CFPS18&src=tren
Good. Best brand they have and they should use it as the basis for the whole line.
gtcustomag likes this.

Any inquiries-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #26 of 426 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 01:46 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by massey_cyclone View Post
I understand where you are coming from, and honestly you are right to point that out. It is selfish of us to make it all about us when our favorite brand seems to be getting kicked aside. On the subject to Allis going out, i honestly never cared for the brand itself. Not saying there was anything bad about it, just was never a fan of the orange. That's just my opinion, and its not meant to offend anyone.
I kinda thought when they began and was acquiring all these companies they would go to AGCO-Allis(or just straight AGCO)tractors/equipment in company colors and AGCO(in company colors) and Gleaner combines, you know Allis-Gleaner COmpany, or run all these companies as independent operations(what I think they should have done)

I really don't know what they're doing now(everything seems to be under Massey or White name and Gleaner and Fendt are somehow still their self yet doesn't seem to be doing anything)I don't think putting everything under one name is the answer either, no matter the name or color
post #27 of 426 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 08:41 AM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4637 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauppfarms View Post
Good. Best brand they have and they should use it as the basis for the whole line.
Makes me think Massey Ferguson is mainly a Western Canadian brand, AGCO choosing to use a worldwide, well respect name.
Combine that with a completely different dress on a completely different machine means a wholesale marketing turn.

Remember that “All new Deere” thread a couple years ago?
My Deere friends, this is what all new actually looks like!
NoColourPreference likes this.

Last edited by Don Boles; 06-20-2018 at 08:52 AM.
post #28 of 426 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 08:50 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
A Fendt price tag, deserves a Fendt badge.

David
post #29 of 426 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 09:08 AM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4637 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinapisalba View Post
A Fendt price tag, deserves a Fendt badge.
Price one?
post #30 of 426 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 11:06 AM

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
so a couple thoughts on this..

- so who is going to sell this? not every dealer is a Fendt dealer.

- is the axial going to be done next year? or are they going to keep building it longer?

- where do this put Gleaner and Challenger?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page