The Big Massey - Page 31 - The Combine Forum
 117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #301 of 426 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 10:48 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2821 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MF-GLNRmbman View Post
Not sure what show you've been going to but Agco has been bringing combines for years. The 3 Agco machines will be together in the Canada room.
I've been to every Ag-Days since the 80's and almost every day of the show too! I'm less certain about the Massey combine, but I know there hasn't been a Gleaner there every year. One of the threads complaining about Gleaner and Ag-Days, there are several... https://www.thecombineforum.com/foru...8-ag-days.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by trifoi View Post
Your Claas sunglasses must be really obscuring your view! Been Current model Massey and Gleaner combined at the Agco booth whenever I have gone.
I swear that Claas combine in my avatar triggers some people...ha ha
Clearly I am biased against AGCO, because the majority of the equipment on my farm is made by them!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernfarmer View Post
are U going to the show? I've heard nothing but good things about it.. and I'm thinking of heading east to take it in for a day..
Just one day? Maybe make the loop in a day if you don't stop and chat, which is easier I guess when you are from another province. Could easily burn two days at this show IMO. BTW hotel rooms in Brandon are very hard to get during the show(Mon-Wed nights). If coming Thursday could probably get a room after the show that night because everyone clears out pretty fast.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 426 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 09:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I can't imagine that the representatives from all the Manitoba Massey and Gleaner dealers will be in a very good mood at the show when the IDEAL (which they are not allowed to sell) is parked beside the older Massey and Gleaner combines in the Canada room, and they are forced to tell everyone that if they want to buy an IDEAL they have to go talk to the Lexion dealer in the other room.

I really thought that AGCO would have this mess sorted by now, but it seems like the only time that they are not shooting themselves in the foot is when they stop to reload.

bob123 likes this.
post #303 of 426 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 10:58 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2821 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadalus View Post
I can't imagine that the representatives from all the Manitoba Massey and Gleaner dealers will be in a very good mood at the show when the IDEAL (which they are not allowed to sell) is parked beside the older Massey and Gleaner combines in the Canada room, and they are forced to tell everyone that if they want to buy an IDEAL they have to go talk to the Lexion dealer in the other room.

I really thought that AGCO would have this mess sorted by now, but it seems like the only time that they are not shooting themselves in the foot is when they stop to reload.
Well boo hoo, the exhibit space in the Canada room where the Ideal will be displayed next to the "old" Massey and Gleaner combines just so happens to belong to AGCO. Whereas the exhibit space in the Manitoba room where the Claas combine and other various AGCO equipment is belongs to AG WEST. So no big surprise that AG WEST is gonna display the CLAAS combine that many of their customers use instead of a combine that has not even seen field time in the province...

Tell us Deadalus, where do you farm and what equipment do you run?

I will be glad to see the thing whatever room it's in. Maybe the close proximity to the other AGCO dealers and their equipment will serve as a good opportunity for them and certain customers to whine about how the machine is badged. .

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #304 of 426 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 12:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
As a farmer ,it’s nice too see Agco bring a new combine to market and what badge or colour it is I would careless.
Hope it is competitive in performance and pricing .
Hats off to a company that’s trying!!!
post #305 of 426 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 01:28 PM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4636 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpie View Post
Hats off to a company thatís trying!!!
Oh, I think theyíre all trying, itís just that Agco has been sucking hiny until now.
Sure pricing and performance will fall in line with the rest.
post #306 of 426 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 04:42 PM

Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpie View Post
As a farmer ,itís nice too see Agco bring a new combine to market and what badge or colour it is I would careless.
Hats off to a company thatís trying!!!
Viewing from afar the debate about colour and badging is not so much about petty colour wars. More about dealer location and which dealer is allowed to sell and support this machine. I bet it would be galling driving 2km and passing your local Agco dealer but having to continue another 80km to another Agco dealer to get parts. Same would apply to paying mileage for service vehicles and personnel.
X80 likes this.
post #307 of 426 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 07:13 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
Viewing from afar the debate about colour and badging is not so much about petty colour wars. More about dealer location and which dealer is allowed to sell and support this machine. I bet it would be galling driving 2km and passing your local Agco dealer but having to continue another 80km to another Agco dealer to get parts. Same would apply to paying mileage for service vehicles and personnel.
This is exactly my frustration. At this point, the only dealer who can sell IDEAL in Manitoba won't even take AGCO combines on trade (even ones that they originally sold), never mind sell any new AGCO combines. Meanwhile, the dealers who want to sell IDEAL are shut out.
post #308 of 426 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 10:29 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Surely there has to be a reason to limit dealers, just my assumption but if they have limited numbers produced atm it sorta makes sense to limit dealers. Not much point having hundreds of dealers with no product to sell, their has to be some logical reason behind it. If only 1 in 5 red or green dealers could sell combines how would they survive? I’d image when there is a few hundred new machines sitting around they will happily sell them anywhere they can.

I don’t know much about these IDEAL’s but my first impression is that that they are being compared to current machines, by the time that they are readily available won’t the competition have evolved as well?
Most people tend to stick with what they know, to me these things need to a long way ahead of the pack to gain any of the market share for Agco
Just thinking out loud.
post #309 of 426 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 12:03 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
The dealer stores are really the next big questionmark ??
They try to gain as many stores as possible, but the next round is which stores are gonna be closed .
I mean less farmers = less units (bigger)
Big farm shops and qualified mechanics working for farmer.
RB auctions,
I can’t understand how those $10 million/piece bought up dealerships make there payments.
post #310 of 426 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 02:08 AM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4636 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neily View Post
I donít know much about these IDEALís but my first impression is that that they are being compared to current machines, by the time that they are readily available wonít the competition have evolved as well?
Well, according to experts (or 59 forum voters)
https://www.thecombineforum.com/foru...odel-swag.html
yes there will be.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page