9565 combine barley settings - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
9565 combine barley settings

Which setting are the best to use in dry straw , 80+ barley field on the 9565 combine .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
good question, had a hard time getting a clean sample out of my 540c. all narrow spaced concaves, rotor at 600, concaves at an inch,fan at 1250,top sieve at 3/4 inch,bottom at 1/2 inch.air choke wide open. dirty sample in tank with lots of fuzz and head pieces. was an over thrash condition because it was swathed and testing 9.didn't seem like we could get enough air to blow it clean. there is an air door deflector setting on the fan throat but nothing in the book on setting it.70 plus per acre but mog was too high. only time it cleaned up was at 9 in the morning with a bit of dew on the straw.should be a simple job but tried a lot of old tricks and nothing helped.not my first rodeo but finally just quit looking in the tank,pizzed me off because the old cts's were side by side with me and you could have seeded their sample. lets get some answers and make tese things work!

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 07:46 PM

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Are you running the grain pan extension. Seen a Massey at kinistino advertised with one. Read about the grain pan being shorter in the last series might cause some issues
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:07 PM

yes installed the extension but have the precleaner closed completely so it doesn't really do anything. the issue appears to be overloading the shoe.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
did you try a couple of wide spaced concaves, with our 9795 and 8570 we always switched to wide spaced.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:05 PM

that just allowed more product onto the grain pan.started off with four wide spaced because we just finished peas,and fought with the overload condition for 100 acres. that's when we installed the narrow spaced concaves,but still had 90 % of material on the sieve and 10% out the rotor.did a kill test and it revealed the extreme over thrash situation.got to be a way to correct this but short of wide open concave which I was close too and rotor at 200 which I was close to at one time there was no difference in the tank sample.the lack of wind concerns me more than anything,but at 1250rpm it should be blowing everthing out the back and the monitor never read anything. return monitor was in the high 80% and did plug once.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yup seams to be a problem with rotor lose n right side shoe overloading installing a cover on concave. Right .front to move . Does Howard make concaves yet for these machines ,? Or sunnybrook
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:57 PM

sunny brook does but costly,originals are good enough.running 2 blanks on right side one on the left,
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:50 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
If you have large wire concaves put them in the back half so 6 in. Start with 2 filler plates on the right side. Not for threshing but crop control. Might even need 3 on the right. Your wind is about right and rotor is close. Can try opening the concave a bit but not much more. The over loading on the right side is fixed by installing the filler plates. Pretty much all cereals will need 2 filler plates on the right. Might even try 8 large wires. Leave your pre chaffer closed for pretty much everything. If you don't have large wires you can pull every other wire on your small wire.

Stupid is as Stupid does
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Today, 01:58 AM

Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by herschel View Post
sunny brook does but costly,originals are good enough.running 2 blanks on right side one on the left,
We had a rock situation last year that involved needing to change some concaves. Found that the Sunnybrook concaves were cheaper than the AGCO originals, by several hundred dollars each. They really should be factory installed. I think we have the hard thresh in the front followed by two moderate thresh. I'm really tired right now and can't remember what the proper names are for them but with this set up, we found that we have less loss in all crops, the overload on the right side is basically gone, except in crops over 130 bu Don't really have a problem with over threshing, and the grain is even on the grain pan when doing a involuntary kill stall. (Reversing rotor is nice, and nothing more needs to be said on this topic)

It don't recall if the chaffer settings changed much, but the sample was much easier to keep clean, and I think that we have gained some where in the 10% capacity range.

Sunny brook are worth the money. I'd recommend making the change.

Statistics are like a Bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal, is vital.

Aaron Levenstien
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page