1050 Challenger - Page 3 - The Combine Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 12:12 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2648 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmillfarms View Post
Hat tractor at agwest steers like a school bus defenatly not a fendt 1050 hat can turn on a dime as i was told
Doesn't turn very good eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtjjl View Post
Cart, harrows, floater, protill type tillage, front 3 point and mount blade for snow, there ya go, justified !

Not sure it would do any better than a articulated 4wd though, but .... itís cool.

Swman, would you pull the disc drill with it ? Or more for spreading etc ?
I probably would pull drill, grain cart, maybe fall banding. I would want a 3pt if I were to use spin spreader on it and some planters need a 3pt. Just don't get why it wouldn't be on there, kind of like a PTO these days on a big tractor. Lots of guys wouldn't need it but I kind of do unless I were to change my spreader.

bjtjjl and Windmillfarms like this.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 12:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1056 Post(s)
So are the Challenger and Fendt's not identical? Why would the Fendt turn sharper?

post #23 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 01:18 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2648 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesixpack View Post
So are the Challenger and Fendt's not identical? Why would the Fendt turn sharper?
They are identical. Maybe the steering stops were not adjusted properly?

I toured the AGCO plant in Jackson MN a couple weeks ago and they were building some of the new 700 series tracked unit and putting Fendt hoods on them and shipping to Europe. All same but for the color and probably some lighting and other options due to road travel rules.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 01:23 AM

Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Quote:
As far as I know they are identical outside of colour scheme.

For us we just wanted a bigger front wheel assist for the versatility but was only after a 936 but when we priced them out they were trying to push the 1000 series into the market and the price wasnít that much more while getting a tractor that should be able to do way more in the long haul. When I buy a piece of equipment I expect it to be around for a long time, particularly tractors, so I took that into consideration. Currently I donít think we are using this tractor to itís full potential but itís doing everything we wanted while giving us a lot of flexibility going forward. And something tells me these tractors are gonna hold their value pretty **** good.

Also I couldnít imagine getting one without a 3pt, even if you arenít using it right now. Easily will pay itself in resale because itís a key to what makes the tractor so intriguing... versatility. I currently only use the 3pt for a Kuhn spreader but thereís a lot more applications that the 3pt will open the tractor up to.

Btj, I have 710r42 vf trellborg duals in the rears and I think 650 on the front. There is a bigger rubber option of 750r46 that I wished I had ordered but hopefully what I have does the job.

Any inquiries-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #25 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 08:38 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Quote:
You would think that would be the same as they are built in the same plant.
post #26 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
The local dealer here has really been pushing demos in the last year. I have a friend that demoed the 380, he said it did everything his JD9520 did. His only "complaint" if you will, is that the tractor runs so quiet you heard the scrapers rubbing on the discs. Seldom ever revs over 1400 rpm.

Have a customer that demoed the same tractor. They unhooked their JD8360r from a 13 shank Krause Dominator, and hooked up the 380. The Deere would pull it around 5mph, and the AGCO was around 3.5-4mph. The big difference was the wings had to be folded up behind the Deere to pull it, wings were down and the wheels all the way up behind the AGCO. I asked them if they would buy one, they said "no, they've all spent to much time in JD cab to sit in anything else now"

Both farms said they were surprised at the inability to induce a power hop, at all. Apparently the dual transmission set up performs very well at puting the HP where it needs to go.

Supposedly, AGCO is now working on a front tank mount bracket so you could just drop off the front weight and pick up the tanks. When I was asked how many gallons of capacity I would need, I told them 1,000 gal at around 12 #s p/gal. I was told that shouldn't be a problem, curious to see what they come up with.
SWMan likes this.
post #27 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 05:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1428 Post(s)
Barn
Is there a Massey equivalent of the Challenger/Fendt?

Don't blame the baker when the butcher bakes the bread.
post #28 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 07:37 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
What is the benefit to a large FWA over an articulated 4wd?
post #29 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 09:54 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1165 Post(s)
Do the fendts/Challengers have some sort of service agreement when you buy them new ? Like they do fluid changes etc

Brent.
post #30 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 10:23 PM

Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtjjl View Post
Do the fendts/Challengers have some sort of service agreement when you buy them new ? Like they do fluid changes etc
Yes, 3 years/3000hr service and warranty

Any inquiries-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page