560C new to me. Pre harvest check - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
560C new to me. Pre harvest check

Picked up a 560c last year going through it pre harvest and wondering if there is anything out of the ordinary i should be looking for on this unit. Or anything everyone changes out or does before you hit the field.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 09:22 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
just went through a 540c I purchased at auction, 450 sep. hours, 900 engine. there was a few things that needed attention like the ujoint on the bubbleup auger,one cross was done. check by turning auger back and forth, with new joint there is no play. not fun to change! turned the chopper blades to sharp side and replaced the finned ones.did a concave check and half an inch on the screen equated to 1.5 inches between the rotor and concaves.make sure you run the concave to zero, mine would not go that close because it was binding on the right side. owner before never checked I guess.must have been hard to thrash any kind of wheat.tension springs on the feeder chain were both broken.couple of the belt idlers were close but not perfect,easy to align.the engine oil dip stick is tricky,lift out so you break the oring seal on the top,then check the oil. concave selection is a grey area ,and make sure it has the precleaner extension . looking forward to putting this unit in the field.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 11:27 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
There is a couple things a guy wants to check on depending on the hours. Yes that bubble up auger U joint is one at 500-700hrs. When you check the chain on the top of the clean grain check that tin idler they go often. Put synthetic oil in the big gear box above the chopper (the one that runs that 20ft belt) it runs hot without it and the seals go. Keep your rotor belt good if it blows it takes a few things with it. Check the grain loss monitor brackets in the rotor, they break often and when they do they ground out and the combine throws a code and goes to a idle. When you are combining keep a eye on the engine oil filter area. Dust will sit there and start to smoulder. Make sure that fan in the engine compartment is working if it quits it fills up quick.
They are very good and simple combines I don’t understand why there is not more of them around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page