The Combine Forum - View Single Post - Twisting Grain Bed
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
gleanerjunkie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Twisting Grain Bed

We own a tandem axle truck with a 20ft grain bed and have a bit of a problem with it. We bought the truck, bed and hoist separate and then had them mounted by a local garage that has done quite a few mounts. The problem with the truck is that the bed leans to the right terribly when it is loaded and even some when it is empty. We always load the truck heavy on the left side to even it out and it has helped but the bed still twists when you raise the hoist. The truck has an air-ride suspension on it. If I could go back and do things again i would make sure to buy one with spring suspension. We have had the truck for about 7-8 years and haven't been able to figure it out. We have had a mechanic look at it and he found no leaks or problems with the suspension. We have talked to other people that cant give us much of an answer either. I have been told a leveling valve may help? They just put a T in the hydraulic lines instead of a splitter to split the flow or oil to the two cylinders. Could this cause uneven pressure allowing one cylinder to extend quicker? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated because Im stumped. Thanks

Matt

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome