The Combine Forum banner

Lexion 670 or John Deere T670

5K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Manitoba-south 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello, I am looking for some opinions and advise. Currently we have a lexion 570 walker and a jd t670. We are looking a trading in the 570 this year and are deciding between a Lexion 670 walker or another T670.

Both current machines work the same in soybeans, canola, and ryegrass, but it seems as thou we can push T670 harder in our wheat crops (esp winter wheat) then the lexion without throwing over the straw walkers. We think with the higher volume of straw in winter wheat the extra beater the jd has might be why. I cuts down on the work the straw walkers have to do. However we don't change the grates on the lexion much and usually just run the standard grates. Could this be a cause to our problem?

The lexion 670 would have a 35ft MD flex and the t670 would come with a hydraflex with the drum. I feel like the lexion is the better choice but we also feel the jd performance is slightly better. Any advice or opinions are appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.