Settings thread - Page 2 - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-05-2015, 05:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Yes easy threshing 36ft at 4.5-5 mph 50b/acre but whitecaps and cracking just trying to determine where the cracking is occurring only showing 20% load so I am coming to the conclusion that I'm not doing enough in the cyl some are running 6 mil and a friend of my ( 480) is at 3mil and having trouble this year at his normal settings

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Christian A. Herrnboeck Send a message via MSN to Christian A. Herrnboeck Send a message via Yahoo to Christian A. Herrnboeck
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheatking View Post
It would be nice to have a setting thread stickied at the top with setting guys use for all the major crops. Just be a quick way to reference what works best in the real world other then what the book says. Sadly I have nothing to offer as this is the first season with it and I am flying in the dark here.

I have been using the setting for malt in cemo's auto, is that the right setting for barley as there are 3 or 4 choices, us barley, winter barley, malt, or spring barley.

Excellent idea. Tread Stickied.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Barn
590r with 1050 Maxflex settings

Ill start with pea settings then list wheat settings for this year. Ill add the header settings we used as well.

Pea settings

Header Maxflex 1050

AHC sensitivity set at 80-85
Reel all the way back towards auger. Teeth settings was 1 hole forward past center or third from all the way forward.
Reel speed set to auto at -.8 to +1.2 when traveling at faster speeds we used the -.8 to keep the shelled peas from getting tossed by the reel.
Reel height as needed.
Auger settings was 12 mill of the floor.
Auger fingers were set to aggressive, top hole on each side of header for long straw settings. This help to keep peas from going over the auger and greatly improve feeding.
HP settings was about 4 to 6 degrees forward. If you have flat on the ground peas this will need to be more aggressive.

These settings kept header loss down with great feeding.

Combine settings 590R

Sunny brook concave and cylinder "Goose Feet"
Concave have large round bar box sections in front and a wheat box section in second row then large round bar box section in remainder. This configuration provided us with the least splits.
Concave clearance was set between 10 to 15.
Cylinder speed was down to 260 RPM
APS grates 12 mil smooth slots. APS doors/flaps open
Rotors RPM around 400
TM6 top sieve 18-20
Bottom regular sieve around 8-10
Fan speed this year due to high bushel weight around 1470 RPM.

These settings provided us with the best pea sample with around 2 to 2.5% splits.

Wheat settings

Just getting started in wheat so things could change but this is what we are using so far.

Header settings set the same as peas with the exception of the auger fingers they are set 2 hole from the bottom.
AHC set at 65

Combine settings

Concave have filler bars installed in front large round bar box then a wheat box section in second row then large round bar box section in remainder.
Concave clearance set at 6
Cylinder speed at 700 - 800 rpm depending on conditions that day.
APS grates 5 mill keystock grates for wheat. APS doors/flaps open
Rotors around 850 RPM.
TM6 sieve open 15
Bottom regular sieve opened 4 to 5 depends on kernel size and return level.
Fan speed about 1330 RPM. Wheat has high bushel weight also.

So far these settings have provide us with a good sample and acceptable whitecap levels for the year as we have a huge range of yield difference in every field so far.
Will add more settings for fabbas and Canola when we get rolling in them.

Canola Settings Straight cut

Header 1050 maxflex

AHC setting 65
Auger fingers in 2 hole from top
Reel speed auto set a 0

Combine

Concave clearance set at 12
Cylinder speed at 280 - 600 rpm low speed drive. (Yes slow due to high amount of green plant material this year. helps to not chop up so much and keep it out of the hopper )
APS grates 10 mill grates for peas. APS doors/flaps open
Rotors around 670 RPM.
TM6 sieve open 13
Bottom regular sieve opened 3 to 4 depends on return level.
Fan speed about 1040-1070 RPM.

So far these settings have provide us with a good clean sample.

Lexion 590 2009
Maxflex header 1050 35 ft
Vario header 1050 35 ft

Last edited by briandublanko; 10-19-2015 at 10:57 PM. Reason: revised rotor rpm for canola
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 03:19 PM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4696 Post(s)
A C and P from the other sermon, I mean thread

I never change any components between crops using the large oval pressed metal APS concaves, never intensive threshing plates, Sunnybrook (SB)concave and cylinder "Goose Feet" equipped unit.
I've never been able the covince myself changing anything resulted in a any performance change justifying the trouble.
I choose to just do the best job I can with what I have.

So, let's talk settings with said setup, perhaps I'm pretty staid in my 8th season but it works for me, by crop:
Wheat-APS concave closed, concave 7mm max up, cylinder as fast as possible up to cracking but often as fast as it can run. Cylinder always run in all crops just at or below cracking, I wish Claas would get the quality cam to NA!
Peas-APS open, 10mm, 300 to 450 (low speed drive) upper and lower sieve both max 20mm open, fan 1200 to 1500.
Barley- APS open, 10mm, 800 ish
Canola- Aps sometimes open, sometimes closed, 20mm, 550 to 700 and here's the biggie in canola, 8 total rotor sections manually covered.
Cruise pilot used 99+% of the time
CEMOS Automatic for everything except peas, not a supported crop nor would there be any advantage to be.

I suspect my concave clearances are tighter than most run, I thank the SB setup for that.

Thus ends the Minister Don's sermon!

Conditions can vary wildly for even one producer let alone the diversified group here, your conditions vary, you set for them, just thought I'd throw out my general specs.

I definitely don't like doing anything that takes more power (I also run chopper stationary knife bar completely out) or is more likely to plug anything!
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-11-2015, 05:10 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Back in the combine today in canola, here's what I use in dry 30' swaths:

Cyl. 600
Fan. 900
Con. 30
Chaffer 9
Sieve 4
Rotor 600
Aps doors open
Electric rotor covers closed

When it gets tough at night or starting in the morning I'll get the Cyl up to 800 and rotors to 900 depending on power use and losses. If it gets super dry I'll get them both down to 450 for sieve loss.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-11-2015, 05:15 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Here's my oats:
Cyl. 700
Fan. 900
Con. 12
Chaffer 20
Sieve. 20
Rotor. 800
Aps open
Rotor covers open
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-15-2015, 03:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Anybody have really dry corn settings for750tt 250 bushel ac 12.5%
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjboender View Post
Anybody have really dry corn settings for750tt 250 bushel ac 12.5%
Feederhouse - depends on ground speed, try to run it below cylinder speed if possible, otherwise as low as you can for the target ground speed
APS Grates - Round bar preferred, or std corn grates are okay
Dis-awning plates open
Cylinder - about 300 in dry corn
Concaves - if N18 (large wire w/ keystock) then run 2-3mm over the cob diameter,
- If round bar run at the cob diameter, maybe 1-2mm over in dry corn
Rotors - Slow as possible in corn, always. If seeing rotor loss then slow down/open up things in the CYLINDER.

For cleaning, I start my fan low (about 1050) and loss sensor sensitivity at 80 and set my sieves first.
Top Sieve - 18 to start, adjust down to resolve MOG in tank. If it is a deep-tooth sieve I have run as low as 6
Bottom Sieve - Start at 23 or so, and adjust down. Want to run as tight as possible without creating much return volume. Running trash through the return will only limit the machines capacity.
After the sieves are set, turn the fan up until the sieve loss starts to rise, then turn back to the point just before that. In dry corn 1050-1100 fan should be plenty but it can help sample quality if you can increase it without increasing sieve loss.

I ran in 230bu 15% corn with a 740tt and 12 row. My settings were 360Feederhouse 320cylinder 28concave 360rotor 14topsieve 17bottomsieve 1080fan. I could run as fast as 6mph but I would get a little bit of stalk pieces in the tank from the header. Slowing down to 4.5-5mph the sample was flawless
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 12:24 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
cylinder speed cracks concave thrashes
i assume this is for wheat? putting in a couple filler plates will help a lot
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 02:03 AM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Mustard

Would any of you share your settings for your mustard crop? Mustard is dry 6.7% but stalks are green and wet. I'm really overloading the top sieve right now and it will stop the chaff spreader. This Is a 750 lexion

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page