Mounting 2-way radio/cb in a 740TT? - The Combine Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 368 Post(s)
Mounting 2-way radio/cb in a 740TT?

Before quizing the dealer, is anyone aware of how to do this the proper/best way. In the cab to the right of the FM radio is a blank for most likely a 2-way. In the hole is an antenna cable already there but it is the same style as the FM radio. I would like to know how to convert/adapt the end of this to the smaller screw on type that our 2-ways use. Furthermore, I would like to know where the other end of this cable goes so I can put our antenna on it and would like to know if this location is pre-wired for 12 volt power and ground.

Thanks a bunch.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 08:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Our 750TT doesnt have a an extra antenna cable. There is constant power run behind the DIN knockout beside the stereo. Here is what we did with ours, but sadley is doesn't work. The 2-way is jacking with the bluetooth inthe stereo and making the head unit freeze up anytime the mic is keyed. Guess we are going move it to the LH side of the cab. Our antenna is in the RH rear of the cab, run across the A/C blowers and into the RH side of the cab above the speaker.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 08:25 AM

Quoted: 626 Post(s)
Seedcleaner; your owners manual may have info for installing two way radios, almost all our newer equipment has very good info including mounting locations and templates, specs, wiring info and antenna locations. On the roof look for a chrome disk about one and a half inch diameter by quarter inch high, it's a cap for your two way radio antenna mount, screw it off, take it into your local two way radio provider and they will give you the right antenna for it.
Mattncok; Nice job mounting your two way, before you move it you should try to get power from a different source. Two way radios can take as much as 50 watts when transmitting, maybe your just creating too much voltage drop for your radio. What is that wire coming out of your two way with that object glued to the ceiling?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Why is there never time and money to do it correctly but there's always plenty to do it again
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by offroadnt; 05-31-2011 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Spelling :(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 10:17 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I dont know about the 740 but on Cr new Hollands they have the cable that runs to a short stud that sticks trough the roof with a little cap on it.
You buy a antenea with built in ground plane and it works very well. A radio retailer should beable to supply the adapter to convert the radio end
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 04:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm wondering the same thing. I was thinking about putting it on the post above the cupholder. Not very pretty but I think it would work. I ran my 750TT with my 2-way laying in the slot where the returns window is. The new cab is so quiet that I was able to hear it just fine down there. And just FYI the machine is friggin awesome!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 03:59 PM

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Bringing this thread back from the dead!!

Wondering what guys have done?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 03:31 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyheps View Post
Bringing this thread back from the dead!!

Wondering what guys have done?
I mounted the radio on the right rear post just below the console near the return elevator window on a 700 series. I have one radio mounted in the headline on a 500 series and i find the mic cord to be a pain. I’d love to find a better spot on the 500

The antenna is mounted on the right outside hopper panel. So in the field it’s angled at 45deg but this way it can be folded down and still has good range
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 09:22 AM

Quoted: 770 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
I mounted the radio on the right rear post just below the console near the return elevator window on a 700 series. I have one radio mounted in the headline on a 500 series and i find the mic cord to be a pain. Iíd love to find a better spot on the 500

The antenna is mounted on the right outside hopper panel. So in the field itís angled at 45deg but this way it can be folded down and still has good range
Thatís where we mounted our radio also.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2811 Post(s)
Just need to avoid the diagnostic port. I think we moved it a wee bit after I took this picture.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160801_165604259.jpg (2.43 MB, 35 views)

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 10:48 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2811 Post(s)
Well my memory fails me again. The radio is now sitting level at the bottom and there is a wood block as a spacer underneath it. Have used this way for two years with no issue, antenna is on RH side of cab just ahead of hopper. We do notice better reception from combine in the forward direction, the hopper must interfere with signal a bit.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190813_212726.jpg (162.7 KB, 26 views)
scottyheps likes this.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page