Aftermarket Bubble Auger Flighting - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Aftermarket Bubble Auger Flighting

Anybody know where to get aftermarket flighting for the bubble auger on a 700 series lexion? Called Rosetown but they said they didnít have anything even close.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 02:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauppfarms View Post
Anybody know where to get aftermarket flighting for the bubble auger on a 700 series lexion? Called Rosetown but they said they didnít have anything even close.
pull the auger off and take it to a welding shop and get them to reform heavier steel around the old and then run a small rod on the top edge of the flighting, we just did the top 1/2 half of the auger.. had that done to one of my older machines and it worked great and lasted for ever

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 04:52 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
The only other places that have flighting are in the states that I know of. Tried to find a left hand fighting for a coal auger and Rosetown said they would have to order it in. As northern farmer said weld her up, but have them use hard surfacing rods meant for abrasion on the top lip not just 7018 rod. I have my coal auger done every 3 years with it and it looks like new.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 08:24 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I would call rosetown flighting and talk to someone else. They were rebuilding them
Sad sacks in north battleford will rebuild it and does a very good job. Think about $800.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 10:00 PM

Quoted: 392 Post(s)
I rebuilt mine with sectional flighting made of 1/4" stainless. It wasn't worth it in a way. The original auger had a slight wobble. After cutting the flighting and rewelding the stainless, it shook even more. Long story short, it works good now, but doing it again I would try to add to the original flighting.

BTW, the 1/4" sectional stainless is wearing much quicker than I ever anticipated.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017, 10:41 AM

Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Might be 6-8 years ago I got flighting for a 480 from Rosetown. It was just flighting and I had to cut the old stuff off the center pipe and weld the new back on. We tried really hard to pull it the same pitch as the original when we welded the new back on but it still vibrated bad so I would get it balanced if you go that way. We even set it up in the lathe with a support bearing on the welding table so we could spin it but we could not get it to balance. Camrose Machine and Welding used to make replaceable Heavy Duty flighting (1/4" or more) that was just one turn for each piece and I have used those to repair augers. By adding just one or two of those on a bubble up auger I did not have balance problems on a different combine. I would think you should be able to do that repair without removing the auger, but that is another whole discussion about how to weld on a "computer" without frying something!!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017, 10:56 AM

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
I have bought a high density polyethelene auger cover kit from shoup for my 2388 combine which bolts on in one pitch sections but the last bit of the auger is a different pitch on my combine for some reason and they won't fit . But if your auger is just a straight pitch they would work great .
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017, 04:28 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1039 Post(s)
Extend the top of the flighting right up to the bearing and it will greatly reduce the wear. Every few years touch up the flighting with a small mig welder and it greatly increases the life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page