Lexion/Claas updates - The Combine Forum
 51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 204 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 08:35 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Lexion/Claas updates

I was talking to a fellow who is in the know about the Claas products the other day, mainly about the short comings of mother Claas when it comes to problem solving with issues that techs and owners are experiencing and the fact that most dealers experience probably close to 80% of the same issues and because there is no detact type information sharing between dealers here in Australia and possibly everywhere else in the world as well, techs and owners are reinventing the wheel on a regular basis when it comes to solving an issue they may have, which can end up being expensive for the dealership and also the owner of the machine. Is there a shared detact type tech assistance for Claas techs in Canada and USA or are you guys reinventing the wheel as well every time you come up against an issue someone else may have already come up with solution? I know that this forum has helped me a lot over the years and to the knowledgeable guys on here I thank you very much. One thing I have found out lately is that the newer combines have an all new variator bush setup instead of the plastic bushes they have a brass bush setup, our local techs are seeing no wear in this new setup at all when you would be looking at changing out the old style plastic ones. Thatís a fantastic development but the best thing is you can get these brass bushes for your earlier model 700 series Lexions at least not sure about the 500 series. A great addition to our last Lexion 760tt was the auto grease option especially on the tracks pivots it easily doubled the idler pivot bush life we changed the first set out at 1000hrs with no wear past the bush edges making it a cheap fixes. What fixes or improvements have you found?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 204 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 09:21 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1035 Post(s)
Thanks for sharing about the brass bushings. I will have to check and see if they are available for a 500 series. I was inspecting my 590 that always had a lot of chaff and grain on the feeder house compared to my 595. It turns out the top of the access cover on top of the feederhouse at the back that lets you get into the aps from the top had a gap in the middle right where the tailings dump out. You could not see the gap but could easily put your fingers in it. We put it into our large press and straightened the bow in the cover so the top is perfectly straight to provide a good seal. I am pretty cnfident this will keep our feederhouse top much cleaner.

post #3 of 204 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

I’ve had that happen before as well, cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 204 (permalink) Old 08-18-2018, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

I was a bit disappointed with the wear properties of the Claas serrated wear strips on the impeller. I see Sunnybrook offer a boranised sunflower kit and I was wondering if anyone had tried one of these setups on their impeller? 600hrs pretty much pulls up the Claas sunflower kit before you loose the serrated edge. Neils Parts here in Australia import the Sunnybrook range but it does take a while to get items in, the Sunnybrook impeller we bought a while back took close to two months to arrive but smaller items like the impeller kit should be quicker not being as bulky an item.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (203.8 KB, 53 views)

Last edited by aussie.ltd.; 08-18-2018 at 07:20 PM.
post #5 of 204 (permalink) Old 08-19-2018, 12:38 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1035 Post(s)
I checked into the bronze bushings. I was hoping it was for three plastic bushings on the variable speed drive pulley. They said it was for the other variable speed pulley with the big spring. My 590r has just under 1300 seperator hours and I have never changed that bushings that the bronze one replaces. I however do grease all 6 fittings with lithium/ moly grease on a regular basis. For the impeller I think the Sunny brook impeller with a knife on the dogs tongue entering the rotor is the best option.
post #6 of 204 (permalink) Old 08-19-2018, 01:20 AM Thread Starter

That's a shame about the bush, the impression I got was that they had replaced all of the plastic bushes with the brass ones. I was making the comment about the boranised SB sunflower kit as an option for anyone who may have been looking for a better option than the OEM sunflower kit. I am looking forward to running the SB impeller if it's anything like the SB main drum it will be great. Cheers
post #7 of 204 (permalink) Old 08-19-2018, 12:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie.ltd. View Post
That's a shame about the bush, the impression I got was that they had replaced all of the plastic bushes with the brass ones. I was making the comment about the boranised SB sunflower kit as an option for anyone who may have been looking for a better option than the OEM sunflower kit. I am looking forward to running the SB impeller if it's anything like the SB main drum it will be great. Cheers
You will be very happy with the Sunnybrook impeller.
I don't have the sunflower kit on mine, and don't have the knife kit. The Sunnybrook itself is a huge improvement over the stock unit. Price is quite reasonable as well, very good bang for the buck.
aussie.ltd. likes this.
post #8 of 204 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 07:21 AM Thread Starter

The new Lexion 760tt has turned up at the dealer, I thought Iíd post a few photos of the new machine. Iím not going to be harvesting a lot with it until this drought decides to rack off but Iíll definitely be ready when it does.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 457D5EDE-1E71-4B36-BF2D-E073A3B1EC31.jpeg (1.66 MB, 150 views)
File Type: jpeg 9D05B674-2D52-4E43-AD95-282E61DBEB5E.jpeg (1.70 MB, 90 views)
File Type: jpeg 51FEE39E-11E9-4ECF-9705-9ADDD64A3DA9.jpeg (2.20 MB, 80 views)
File Type: jpeg CA8E10CA-10B4-4A85-BCD2-C63A78920E52.jpeg (2.87 MB, 78 views)
post #9 of 204 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 07:43 AM
Dak

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Belts instead of feeder chains Aussie?
What other real changes u notice?
Looks great!
post #10 of 204 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 07:55 AM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4658 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie.ltd. View Post
The new Lexion 760tt has turned up at the dealer, I thought Iíd post a few photos of the new machine.

https://www.thecombineforum.com/foru...3a3b1ec31.jpeg
Youíre pissing off, lol!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page