Claas Lexion Prototype - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 03:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 726 Post(s)
I thought it looked long but actually that model just doesn’t have the Claas cover plate over the unloading auger and the rest of the machine seems to look the same size and shape as previous models when comparing pictures. With the exception of maybe a larger diameter auger but hard to say.

As a farmer, you learn quick: “You don’t get anything that you don’t work hard for”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 03:15 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2910 Post(s)
That auger had better be a lot bigger, but it doesn't look much different to me. Good to see they changed the name panel to not rub at the bottom when folded in and block your view when folded out.

Another thing I will put on the list of necessary improvements in case they are watching/listening is to put a decent cab interior light in!!! Something that is overhead so you don't have to make notes in the dark at night!

Otherwise the machine doesn't look much different. Unless someone lifts the panels and takes some pictures I could care less about the exterior stylings.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #13 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 348 Post(s)
The third one has different style side vents and is clearly a different combine than the other three, and another one still has the Claas badge over the auger so it’s a different unit as well. Hard to glean much of anything from the photos.

Any inquiries-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 03:48 PM

Quoted: 803 Post(s)
If the last one is a 750 I’m guessing it would be the wide body version.
post #15 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 02:33 AM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boles View Post
I can see my favorite improvement from about 4 km!
I don’t mind the lime green, but the red/orange wheels and reel look really awful! Keep painting them Cat yellow!
post #16 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 09:05 AM

Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodust View Post
I don’t mind the lime green, but the red/orange wheels and reel look really awful! Keep painting them Cat yellow!
I like both styles personally but the main reason I’d like to see a switch is so that the ‘Cat combine’ thing will go away for good. I still get people who say ‘what does Cat know about building combines, they should stick to engines and construction equipment’

Any inquiries-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Why does the 3rd one have training wheels on it? Guy on the ladder has his face blacked out. WTF? I like the LEGO one better.
post #18 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricefarmer09 View Post
Why does the 3rd one have training wheels on it? Guy on the ladder has his face blacked out. WTF? I like the LEGO one better.
I thought I had seen that as well. Then concluded it was the other rim. Now that you bring it up, I am thinking my first suspicion may have been correct.

In Germany the max allowable weight per axle is 10 tonnes, powered axles 11.5t. So when a machine exceeds that they have to add these training wheels to count as an extra axle. Common on choppers as they exceed this with the heavy folding heads. JD S series has it also sometimes.

https://www.profi.de/plus/video-Geri...e-2530978.html

Last edited by LutzSK; 10-22-2018 at 02:33 PM.
post #19 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 10:48 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Hildebrand View Post
I thought it looked long but actually that model just doesn’t have the Claas cover plate over the unloading auger and the rest of the machine seems to look the same size and shape as previous models when comparing pictures. With the exception of maybe a larger diameter auger but hard to say.
I think she’s longer. The cab looks to be farther out over the feederhouse.
Attached Images
File Type: png 9552B2EF-3050-499C-A0DD-CE8D050DD283.png (4.41 MB, 208 views)
post #20 of 207 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 10:53 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauppfarms View Post
I like both styles personally but the main reason I’d like to see a switch is so that the ‘Cat combine’ thing will go away for good. I still get people who say ‘what does Cat know about building combines, they should stick to engines and construction equipment’
Holt built combines before they ever built a tractor. Holt and Best formed Caterpillar in 1925, in the 30's sold the combine business to John Deere. So they have been out and then more of a flash in the pan when they returned. But who knows where combines would of gone without them in the beginning.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page