Does Auto Crop Flow need Cruise Pilot to work properly? - The Combine Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Don Boles
  • 1 Post By lexionman575

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Does Auto Crop Flow need Cruise Pilot to work properly?

I have one machine that does not have auto crop flow installed on it. It is a 2018 760, and for some reason my dealer ordered it without the cruise pilot feeder house sensor roller. Auto crop flow is a standard feature on a 2018 machine, but it was not installed from the factory. My other machine is a 2017 and it is cruisepilot ready and it’s auto crop flow is functioning correctly. The mechanic was out today and he said I need to install the feeder house sensor roller, but from what I tell the auto crop flow works off of sensing the slippage on the drives. Cruise pilot is not really needed in the seed crops that we raise. So I don’t have it unlocked. However crop flow worked good on the machine that had it. It would kill the feeder before plugging up the impeller. The machine with out it I plugged one time so I think it is worth getting it working.

Scott

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 09:15 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I even went back to the price book, it’s independent from cruise pilot and you do not need the roller or any associated hardware from what I can find. When you say it’s not working, do you have any settings for it in cebis?

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 2F51C84D-0240-41EA-B39B-FA4C7A61963B_1552698914068.jpeg (352.4 KB, 9 views)
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 09:17 PM

Learn/Make sure your speeds are showing normal... lm not sure if a faulty sensor on say the impeller would kick it out or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 09:46 PM

Should have this menu
Attached Images
File Type: png 89E2AE56-F242-48C8-B365-03F7857003A7.png (373.1 KB, 10 views)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 11:14 PM

Quoted: 340 Post(s)
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedcleaner View Post

Glad you found the link! The menu pic I posted came from that document, I just have the pdf but knew it was posted somewhere
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Its on claasofamerica.com, within the combine product link.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexionman575 View Post
I even went back to the price book, it’s independent from cruise pilot and you do not need the roller or any associated hardware from what I can find. When you say it’s not working, do you have any settings for it in cebis?
OK that's what I thought too. I have not heard back from my salesman on it but my mechanic from the dealer told me I needed to install all the cruise pilot parts in order for Cropflow to work right. To me that sounds wrong since its a standard option and cruise pilot ready is a add-on. thanks for posting that link, I thought they were completely separate systems as well. Cropflow is not loaded into the CEBIS, the option to turn it on is not there. I had a CAAS rep out this summer and he said it was missing in the CEBIS also. Like a said before I have two machines and one has a standard feeder house that is cruise pilot ready and it's Cropflow is working working well, and one that I ordered with a HP feeder house to run a corn head, and for some reason it came with out the cruise pilot stuff. The HP feeder house is a special order for our area, most everyone runs pickup heads and small grain platforms with the standard feeder house, so I think me dealer forgot to check the cruise pilot ready box or something i guess. I want it working, I saw first hand that the Cropflow works well. We ran in some tough windrows last year and it would stop the feeder if the machine hit a tough spot to keep it from plugging. The one without plugged up and smoked the pulley, Cropflow would have prevented it I am sure.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 01:29 PM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4484 Post(s)
780’s had auto stop standard since ‘15, I think it was in more models in ‘18.
Your experience seems to indicate that.

I’m not sure why Claas goes the option route on these features, competitive pricing I suppose.
Functionally, they should be standard.
gmj likes this.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon_Farmer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexionman575 View Post
OK that's what I thought too. I have not heard back from my salesman on it but my mechanic from the dealer told me I needed to install all the cruise pilot parts in order for Cropflow to work right. To me that sounds wrong since its a standard option and cruise pilot ready is a add-on. thanks for posting that link, I thought they were completely separate systems as well. Cropflow is not loaded into the CEBIS, the option to turn it on is not there. I had a CAAS rep out this summer and he said it was missing in the CEBIS also. Like a said before I have two machines and one has a standard feeder house that is cruise pilot ready and it's Cropflow is working working well, and one that I ordered with a HP feeder house to run a corn head, and for some reason it came with out the cruise pilot stuff. The HP feeder house is a special order for our area, most everyone runs pickup heads and small grain platforms with the standard feeder house, so I think me dealer forgot to check the cruise pilot ready box or something i guess. I want it working, I saw first hand that the Cropflow works well. We ran in some tough windrows last year and it would stop the feeder if the machine hit a tough spot to keep it from plugging. The one without plugged up and smoked the pulley, Cropflow would have prevented it I am sure.
Judging by that you need a tech with the CDS laptop not a salesman. Should be as easy as checking A box

Oregon_Farmer likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page