Installing New Sunnybrook Impellers - The Combine Forum
 3Likes
  • 3 Post By aussie.ltd.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Installing New Sunnybrook Impellers

We are in the process of installing Sunnybrook impellers into both our 760's. Seeing them for the first time, they are impressive! I can't wait to get them into the field. I really like the knife design on to the center of the impeller. It looks like it will be easy to change out through the access in the grain tank if and when they loose there sharp edge. I'll attach some pictures of both.

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0122.jpeg (3.28 MB, 34 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0124.jpeg (3.30 MB, 25 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0126.jpeg (2.39 MB, 27 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0123.jpeg (2.88 MB, 27 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0125.jpeg (3.10 MB, 24 views)
File Type: png image.png (357.8 KB, 151 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 03:06 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1011 Post(s)
While you are in their check your rotor bearings by taking off the round inspection plates. I would also weld in a taller v at the back of the concave on the removable plate at the back of the concave and put in the dogs tongue with a removable knife at the division of the two rotors.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Few questions... how much taller V do I need to weld in? I was told to take out the Dogs tongue with the knife and put the original one back in. The one from the sunflower kit with the sunny brook?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 06:03 AM

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon_Farmer View Post
Few questions... how much taller V do I need to weld in? I was told to take out the Dogs tongue with the knife and put the original one back in. The one from the sunflower kit with the sunny brook?
Youíll be over the moon with the SB impeller, Iím just running the original dogs tongue. My Lexion runs exactly how it should with the SB threshing cylinder and impeller, I absolutely love the Claas now after the SB upgrade combined with the Claas auto shutdown you can drive this thing like you hate it, without the threat of a choke
Brillant
Don Boles, adsinaus and SWMan like this.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 08:17 AM

Quoted: 349 Post(s)
If you can pry up on your rotors and they move, the bearings are shot. You can do this from the front after removing the impeller. You can also do this from the side or underneath, at around grate #2. It might be hard though to get a pry bar through the grate if one of them isn't removed. In reality, if the bearings are original and have 1000 hours on them, probably time to do them, unless you have an autogreaser, and they change the lifespan greatly. I can't answer that.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 12:54 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Also don’t forget to buildup or replace the front couple elephant ears on the rotors while your “there”. An inch or more of wear is common. The rotors need to remain hungry as you increase feed rates and bring the claws out on your Claas Lexion. Good luck! tiger
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 04:17 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1011 Post(s)
We originally added 1/2 inch of key stock on top of the original v. When I put the Sunnybrook impeller in my 595 I welded a much higher v inside the the original v that came to a knife edge on the front and top. The back of the added internal v was at least a inch high or higher. If you send me a pm with your email I can send you some pictures. I would run the sunflower knife kit as well on the tongue. You want close to zero tolerance between the impeller knife and the tongue so everything is cut in two before entering the rotors. Our 595 had the old style tongue so I welded a knife on it and hard surfaced it. This combine goes through green stem beans alot better than my 590 with a factory impeller, wear kit, and knife on the impeller. Like tigrcat said forsure check the elephant ears and build up the leading edge if they are wore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page