How rough could these 760TT combines be, to be this cheap? - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 07:28 AM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4533 Post(s)
When you “almost” get it right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMan View Post
I have almost zero issues with my machine, but that tin above the feeder always seems to bend. It's a weak spot.
I believe that gets bent when the feeder plugs and the auger (straight cut or pickup) continues to churn/packs a whole bunch of material in the space between the auger and feeder chain before the auger gets operator shut off. Then reversing the feeder bends that tin.
4 times last fall had to set header off (3 times w/pickup, once straight cut) to clear the wad, feeder and auger jammed both ways with material.

Since auto stop came that’s dumb, feeder should auto shut off on feeder plug.
Very dumb.

Not relevant to the units in question as they don’t have auto stop, just trying to make future units better. Whenever they turn green!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 10:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
My guess is that these may have gotten damaged by flooding somewhere thus the cheaper price tag. Photos shown may not be of the actual machines. Best to go look at them.

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 10:43 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1001 Post(s)
These combines are very rebuildable. If you did the work yourself for $20-30,000 you could do a lot of refurbishing. It would be best to see them and preferably talk to the previous owner. I am not sure about the emmisions issues from 2011-2014 and would want to check it out before you buy one. Some of the engines have caused a lot of problems or down time due to emissions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 11:42 AM

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
I think the price is reasonable for the location, year and hours and wear. Probably not even a great deal. Remember you are much closer to the factory, so much cheaper than here in Canada and the machines may have much, much more wear. The plane ticket would be money well spent.

Rice is very abrasive and internal metal wear could be large.

Corn gets threshed at about 5000 bushels/hr vs wheat at 1500 bus/hr and canola at 800 bus/hr. And soybeans grow close to the ground, so if you have sandy abrasive soil you are going to get a lot of internal wear. So remember that a corn combine will have the 3x the wear as a wheat combine will with the same hours.

If the combine costs $130,000+$10,000 frt + $25,000 more wear +$25,000 for pickup header that is $190,000. I think you could buy that locally for a 2011 year with 2000+ separator hours and then the dealer might stand behind it some if you have trouble. Also remember that claas does not have its own autosteer.
lanwickum, SWMan and w-mFarms like this.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 03:46 PM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
all these machines are pre emissions and the price is pretty reasonable but can probably talk him down a bit with transport included. i would check them out before buying a combine of that many hrs. things that get expensive are variable drives, electronic modules which seem to fail fairly often and the sieves but the sieves once there new you can run another 2000hrs on them so its not actualy that bad same with the sunnybrook parts. you might have to replace some chains and the feederhouse will have to be rebuilt but can do it pretty cheap if you do it yourself. bought a combine out of saskatchewan few years ago that ran in the snow and whole machine had rotten canola in it cleaned it out replaced some parts on it and it has been better than the other machine from dealer. a dealer would buy that claas for maybe 75000$ and change oil and make it look like it was serviced and turn around and sell it for 200000. if you have experience with a claas machine and feel comfortable rebuilding a combine yourself without dealer doing everything, it can be a good deal. we get one machine inspected in the winter and the repair quote we can usauly do ourselves for less than half just by outsourcing parts and looking at things that will cause major expenses down the road or during harvest.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 06:27 PM

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
i know one guy that bought a rice combine... that combine was absolutely ****** and needed the dealer to help fix it up, he did half the work himself and some stuff dealer had to come do.
his total expense was $67000,- (this did not include 2 new rear wheel tires and the 2 tracks needed on the combine)

RUN! tractor jokies buy cheap and its always cheap for a reason.
go buy at the local dealer and leave this adventure alone, its not the bearings or chains you should be worried about, its drive shaft with slop and boogie wheels loose and fuel lines ****** and gelled up, and motor having injector issues for some reason.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 06:56 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I would NOT buy a combine unseen, plane ticket is cheap and always nice to see other areas... if he can't give you details don't ever consider the deal.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 12:35 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Was talking to a local machinery jockie about these, I guess the guy started with 5 of them. From one of the I states is what he understood. "He was looking to purchase 2 of them and bring them here for a quick jockie flip". Anyways, it sounds like they are repo machines from a large farm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page