How rough could these 760TT combines be, to be this cheap? - The Combine Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 02:25 AM Thread Starter
jvw

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
How rough could these 760TT combines be, to be this cheap?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-farming-equi...ationFlag=true

760TT's and 770TT for sale for very cheap. I talked to the seller, he is a tractor jockey out of Minnesota, the combines are somewhere vaguely east of there, although I'm suspecting more southeast in rice country perhaps to need tracks and RWD. He didn't really seem to know anything about them other than they look really good aesthetically, and one has very worn tracks. He figures that they will sell sight unseen and he will arrange shipping, what could possibly go wrong with that scenario...

No pickup headers which would be an expensive item to locate, but I haven't used a pickup for years anyways.

He did suggest that they are likely due for some internals, hence the price, but had no specifics, or pictures, what is the worst case scenario for parts at those hours, especially if they have been in rice?

Are there fundamental differences between a combine sold into that market vs. western Canada which would require additional modifications?

Would it be worth a plane ticket to go an inspect them, or will that not look like a bargain compared to local prices once rebuilding costs are figured in?

With 2016 (and finishing in spring of 2017) still fresh in mind, tracks and/or RWD are definitely on the wish list for the next combine upgrade, but wasn't expecting to find a TT for that price range.

Justin Trudeau, accomplishing miracles since 2015, making Pierre Elliot look smart, competent and western friendly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
A neighbor dealt with someone in that area.

You don't happen to have a name do you?
Feel free to pm me.

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvw View Post
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-farming-equi...ationFlag=true

760TT's and 770TT for sale for very cheap. I talked to the seller, he is a tractor jockey out of Minnesota, the combines are somewhere vaguely east of there, although I'm suspecting more southeast in rice country perhaps to need tracks and RWD. He didn't really seem to know anything about them other than they look really good aesthetically, and one has very worn tracks. He figures that they will sell sight unseen and he will arrange shipping, what could possibly go wrong with that scenario...

No pickup headers which would be an expensive item to locate, but I haven't used a pickup for years anyways.

He did suggest that they are likely due for some internals, hence the price, but had no specifics, or pictures, what is the worst case scenario for parts at those hours, especially if they have been in rice?

Are there fundamental differences between a combine sold into that market vs. western Canada which would require additional modifications?

Would it be worth a plane ticket to go an inspect them, or will that not look like a bargain compared to local prices once rebuilding costs are figured in?

With 2016 (and finishing in spring of 2017) still fresh in mind, tracks and/or RWD are definitely on the wish list for the next combine upgrade, but wasn't expecting to find a TT for that price range.
https://www.marketbook.ca/listings/f...er=2&scf=False

220-300 ish at dealers on marketbook asking price...for typcially same hours.

If better is possible, is good enough?
You get to choose.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 12:08 PM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4590 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvw View Post
Quite a few TT’s are not 4WD, the tracks are a much better option if by themselves.
As a result I doubt Claas sells any 4WD non track units.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 09:19 PM

Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Plane tickets are cheap. If you are seriously interested, and believe them to be well worth the money, buy a ticket and take a look.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 09:39 PM
HI!

Hope the rest of the unit is is better than the upper feeder tin on that one.
Changing that would be money well spent as a seller.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 11:18 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Well, they are a Claas after all.

Makes a guy a little suspicious when they are cheaper than they should be. Also throws me off a bit when you see the cab isn't cleaned out and little things aren't cleaned up or touched up a little better for a picture when they are trying to sell it. For some reason, stuff like that seems to sit funny with me.
scottyheps and jcalder like this.

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 11:28 PM

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
We talked to this guy about buying a machine a few months ago. Problem is I don't think you can go see them.....I doubt he has seen them either. He is a broker and obviously getting them from dealers and wants to send them directly to you sight unseen. The cheapest 770 has burnt off tracks so that is an expensive thing to replace. Anyway we ended up buying a machine off Tractorhouse.....750 with RWA.......yes Don you can get duals and RWA. It was a corn/bean machine from Illinois. We are very happy with what we got for our money . Got it home and had it inspected by the dealer. We have about 35k of parts ordered for it.....this includes new TM6 sieves and Sunnybrook cylinder and impeller. Could save 10k not putting in the Sunnybrook but figured we had it apart anyway. Also TM6 sieves are about 2k more than standard Frog Mouth but figured they would be worth it for canola.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 11:44 PM
HI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendalwpg View Post
Anyway we ended up buying a machine off Tractorhouse.....750 with RWA.......yes Don you can get duals and RWA.
Oh Im aware you can get that combo but overall there are fewer 4WDs than track units sold.
I was certainly wrong to suggest no wheeled 4WDs are sold, got me there, I meant few not none.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 11:50 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2765 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boles View Post
Hope the rest of the unit is is better than the upper feeder tin on that one.
Changing that would be money well spent as a seller.
I have almost zero issues with my machine, but that tin above the feeder always seems to bend. It's a weak spot.

I'd be interested simply to have a separate corn machine, but the fact that you are almost assuredly importing some very nasty weeds would sway me to pay extra for a local unit.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page