FD-75 drops too fast on new to me 750tt - Page 3 - The Combine Forum
 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 05:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Jeff-C-IL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 210 Post(s)
No, we talked about that before. I'm thinking it was another way to limit overtravel in the flex sensors...just complex to explain compared to "block the feeder"! The feederhouse sensor is used to essentially determine where in the stroke of the feeder the header is, and that does affect AHHC performance based on the calibrations of same, but the math is of course proprietary to Claas. Even what we have been able to deduce, its more complex than you would think.

I guess I just don't really see how calibration of any sort would affect manual raise and lower speeds. That should be independent of calibrations, accumulator charge (mostly), etc. Don, is your combine where you could go take a few quick "measurements" on how fast the header goes up/down with the manual raise and lower at extremes- -50 and +50? That would give us a baseline Jesse could compare. From the sounds of it his is dropping full range 2-3 seconds no matter where you set manual drop rate.

That does bring up a good question-is his feeder position sensor working correctly? The video shows the right bar graph change, and it appears "reasonable", but doesn't show full stroke movement. Jesse, double check that the right bar goes to 100 with the feeder fully raised, and 0 with the head sitting fully on the ground. If so the sensor is working, and is properly calibrated.


AHHC specialist
Jeff-C-IL is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 05:21 PM
HI!
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Three Hills/Trochu, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,431
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4688 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-C-IL View Post
Don, is your combine where you could go take a few quick "measurements" on how fast the header goes up/down with the manual raise and lower at extremes- -50 and +50? That would give us a baseline Jesse could compare.
I would but I have no combine (traded, long story) earliest I could get that sort of research is late July, long after it would help Jesse and Jeff and I’d be interested as well Jeff, sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-C-IL View Post
Even what we have been able to deduce, its more complex than you would think.
This will be my 12th season with Claas, EVERYTHING is complex on a Claas, I get it.
It’s all part of better controlled performance. Learn something every day I run one.


Last edited by Don Boles; 06-13-2019 at 06:04 PM.
Don Boles is online now  
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
HoRFarmsJesse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SE VA
Posts: 652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-C-IL View Post
From the sounds of it his is dropping full range 2-3 seconds no matter where you set manual drop rate.

That does bring up a good question-is his feeder position sensor working correctly? The video shows the right bar graph change, and it appears "reasonable", but doesn't show full stroke movement. Jesse, double check that the right bar goes to 100 with the feeder fully raised, and 0 with the head sitting fully on the ground. If so the sensor is working, and is properly calibrated.
Come to think of it, I never tried to adjust the raise and drop rates with the header off the machine. I would think that if it were the accumulators, it would still act right with no weight on it.

Ill get a video tomorrow of the sensor outputs throughout the motion.
HoRFarmsJesse is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 12:18 AM
Senior Member
 
lexionman575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lexionville, NC
Posts: 775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Not advocating this for safety but best calibrations I’ve done requires two people I unhook the driveshaft, put the head about where you run it as far as reel, pitch angle, and springs and sit on the back of the header and grab the pointer when it’s off the ground on the raise part of the cal and when the header bounces up hold it in its relaxed position (the spring linkage allows you to this). Then the header is actually calibrated for how you run it and nothing is manipulated. However the settings adjustment being “grayed out” sounds like something is wrong. I’ve seen modules replaced and configurations loaded wrong cause this as well as one weird update that made the CAC settings look more like the 500 series scale with only one or two parameters.
lexionman575 is offline  
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 12:02 PM
HI!
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Three Hills/Trochu, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,431
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4688 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexionman575 View Post
requires two people
I unhook the driveshaft, put the head about where you run it as far as reel, pitch angle, and springs and sit on the back of the header and grab the pointer when itís off the ground on the raise part of the cal and when the header bounces up hold it in its relaxed position
Makes my setting wing balance while running seem really safe.
Don Boles is online now  
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 07:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Jeff-C-IL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 210 Post(s)
As I understand it from Jesse, the settings are not greyed out. You can change the number and save it, they just don't change anything. -50 or 50, the head still drops like a rock! Hard enough he is afraid of breaking things while trying to calibrate.

Honestly, I never thought about a software update. That may not be a bad idea to update (or refresh) the software and see what happens. Of course, with the dealer 6 hours away....that is a BIG job!

AHHC specialist
Jeff-C-IL is offline  
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 08:41 PM
HI!
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Three Hills/Trochu, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,431
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4688 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-C-IL View Post
As I understand it from Jesse, the settings are not greyed out. You can change the number and save it, they just don't change anything. -50 or 50, the head still drops like a rock! Hard enough he is afraid of breaking things while trying to calibrate.
I donít think on cal speed settings are consider, its fixed, know for sure fast or slow button setting makes no difference.
Don Boles is online now  
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
HoRFarmsJesse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SE VA
Posts: 652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Well i wanted to get a video today but it picked all day and acted fine for the first time. Ill have to double check tomorrow but it seemed like hot oil actually helped it, which is the opposite of logic when thinking about oil blowing by a valve or oring.

I was really impressed with it overall today.
adsinaus likes this.
HoRFarmsJesse is offline  
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 11:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: east central Alberta
Posts: 1,308
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Jesse if this is holding you up from harvesting can you install an orifice in the hydraulic line to slow the header movement so you can control the up down better? Until you get it figured out. Me and a half dozen techs couldn't get my MD D50 to work properly on the float optimizer over 6 seasons on my 590.
Transaxial is offline  
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 04:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Jeff-C-IL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoRFarmsJesse View Post
Well i wanted to get a video today but it picked all day and acted fine for the first time. Ill have to double check tomorrow but it seemed like hot oil actually helped it, which is the opposite of logic when thinking about oil blowing by a valve or oring.

I was really impressed with it overall today.
SO did you play with the settings to see if they made a difference now, or did you cross your fingers and toes and not TOUCH anything.....??


AHHC specialist
Jeff-C-IL is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome