LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 10:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seedcleaner View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsdavew View Post
I would also highly recommend the zaps...probably the cheapest upgrade with the most benefit in my opinion.
For what machine, crops, conditions?
Well hes asking about a 585r which is what i have as well but i think the zaps would be advantageous in any lexion, havesting any crop in any condition... it just feeds the cylinder much smoother... the original aps caps just try spank the crop into the cylinder...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 10:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Well hes asking about a 585r which is what i have as well but i think the zaps would be advantageous in any lexion, havesting any crop in any condition... it just feeds the cylinder much smoother... the original aps caps just try spank the crop into the cylinder...
Can Sunnybrook use that as a testimony?!

SWMan likes this.
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 11:59 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 944 Post(s)
So by the sounds of it, you bought the machine in question?? Good job!

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 01:22 AM Thread Starter
jvw

Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar View Post
So by the sounds of it, you bought the machine in question?? Good job!
I may have forgotten to mention that detail. Not so sure if this purchase deserves the Good Job congrats yet or not.
adsinaus likes this.

Justin Trudeau, accomplishing miracles since 2015, making Pierre Elliot look smart, competent and western friendly.
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 01:26 AM Thread Starter
jvw

Quote:
On mine you just push the button. If yours doesnt open completely there is a shock on the clean grain auger that helps lift the auger up and with the auger being connected to the hopper id suspect that shock doesnt have any pressure left.

I would also highly recommend the zaps...probably the cheapest upgrade with the most benefit in my opinion.
That is what the book says too. Perhaps swinging the auger just shakes things enough to get it moving.

I removed one end of the gas strut, and it is far too tight to move at all by hand, so I disconnected the linkage that pulls the bubble up auger, and tried it by hand. All the way down, I have to lift the auger with some effort, at mid stroke, if I give it a small push, the cylinder will move it the rest of the way on its own, and at the very top, I have to push it into place, as it drags slightly. Does that sound about right, or should the cylinder be lifting it off the bottom all by itself?

Justin Trudeau, accomplishing miracles since 2015, making Pierre Elliot look smart, competent and western friendly.
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 01:29 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1035 Post(s)
The gas cylinder takes all the weight off the bubble up auger. It should lift with very little effort.
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 08:18 AM

Quoted: 392 Post(s)
I am going to say the auger could require 20 pounds to lift, with cylinder. Unhook linkage, lower auger, try the button and see if it folds.
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
jvw

Quote:
I am going to say the auger could require 20 pounds to lift, with cylinder. Unhook linkage, lower auger, try the button and see if it folds.
Will do.

post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 09:51 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1035 Post(s)
While you have your bubble up auger unhooked check the flighting at the bottom. I usually build them up in place with my little mig after I turn the battery disconnects off. I would also take the breather off the bubble up gear box when you are there and see if there is any oil or grease in there. I just add a combination of grease and gear oil in there if needed.

With your conditions JVW you should consider putting in a sunny brook impeller and tm6 top sieve. They are a big help with canola and the impeller will save you a lot of grief in tough canola. If you yank out the impeller build up a bigger v at the back of the concave and weld in a knife on the dogs tongue at the back of the impeller to help spit stuff going into the rotor. One of the biggest problems is splitting the crop to feed the rotors at the area of the impeller.
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 10:35 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Quote:

Can Sunnybrook use that as a testimony?!
For a small fee 😆

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page