My 8800 whine list (and maybe some good stuff) - Page 11 - The Combine Forum
 41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 132 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
What kind of bushel an hour were you seeing in barley?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 132 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 04:30 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2844 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seedcleaner View Post
I feel that the used combine market is so poor primarily because of the mechanical components not being built well enough to last more hours, thus making used machines with minimal hours depreciate greatly.
IMO there is absolutely nothing wrong with the used combine market. Used combines are right where they should be, it's the new prices that are completely out to lunch. It's getting so there is no way to justify ownership costs on one of these fancy new machines if there is nobody willing to pay up for the trade in a few years later.

Keeping a used machine running doesn't scare me half as much as the current trajectory of farm equipment pricing...

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #103 of 132 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4658 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seedcleaner View Post
So # 17, how would that capacity compare to your prior machine? You really didn't mention capacity. Still too early to comment maybe?

#15, 16-1800 rpm? Is this the "new" engine governor being promoted? I thought power limit would be at a specific rpm, like the older machines.

#9, you don't seem impressed by unload speed.
#17 Yes, too early to comment, likely less than 3% effective working hours done so far.
#15 Rated at 614 @ 1800, peak 653 @ 1600 and Iím not sure that is available without auger unloading or not.
#9 Itís just speed has matched increase in hopper size so basically same time unloading as before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 132 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
HI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fena farms View Post
What kind of bushel an hour were you seeing in barley?
Short time I did barley I never got it calibrated and the way it acted in peas I wonder if there is a mud buildup on the new impact type sensor as it grossly understated yield, cal offset of 1.28 was needed, never seen the new setup yet but will have to.
Horrendous MOG/G ratios in cereals here this year though, t/hr is going to be low.
post #105 of 132 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 11:45 PM

Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMan View Post
IMO there is absolutely nothing wrong with the used combine market. Used combines are right where they should be, it's the new prices that are completely out to lunch. It's getting so there is no way to justify ownership costs on one of these fancy new machines if there is nobody willing to pay up for the trade in a few years later.

Keeping a used machine running doesn't scare me half as much as the current trajectory of farm equipment pricing...
I agree with you. Let me restate my previous comment,

...I feel that the used combine market is so poor (compared to the price of new)...
SWMan likes this.
post #106 of 132 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 05:24 AM

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
I can feel your disappointment from here Don. After running the SB drum and impeller and seeing the setup in the new Lexion my first thought was, bugger no staggered bars on the drum or impeller it won’t run anywhere near as smooth as the staggered setup SB use, especially in the tough crops you Canadians seem to harvest. Once you wear a bit more paint off the threshing system she might run a bit smoother. HOW goods that belt feeder did you appreciate the auger swinging forward that few more degrees?
post #107 of 132 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
HI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie.ltd. View Post
I can feel your disappointment from here Don. After running the SB drum and impeller and seeing the setup in the new Lexion my first thought was, bugger no staggered bars on the drum or impeller it won’t run anywhere near as smooth as the staggered setup SB use, especially in the tough crops you Canadians seem to harvest. Once you wear a bit more paint off the threshing system she might run a bit smoother. HOW goods that belt feeder did you appreciate the auger swinging forward that few more degrees?
With the all SB setup you are encouraged to higher feed rates with the quiet and smoothness except the feeder chain noise.
Now you have a quiet and smooth feeder belt with a noisy and high vibration cylinder/concave setup. Took well under 10 seconds of running this unit to realize this setup was never going to be as overall pheasant to run as the previous Sunnybrookerized unit and it’s even more pronounced than the smaller cylinder/concave unit from straight focused on just one thing standpoint.

It will only get unmeasurablely smoother with wear.

The improvement of the belt feeder simply can not be overstated!

Interestingly, while it’s a bit more forward other pics I’ve seen show augers moving more forward than my non folding 5XL.

Be interesting as the season progresses and in other in other crops once the learn curve stuff is achieved.

I am on the PAMI/Manitoba Canola Growers Harvest Loss Survey list as well as the people I harvest alongside with an S690 and a 9090, more interesting stuff!
post #108 of 132 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 09:07 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1035 Post(s)
What did you do to cut down the rotor loss Don? We were cutting some Durum wheat with shrivelled baked in kernels on Saturday and the only way I could get the rotor loss down was to travel slow at 4-600 bushel per hour. The grain was a bit tough and the straw was not to tough. There is a high mog ratio as well. It was hard to get the chaff off of the thin kernels as well. The returns were crazy high with all these little head pieces that had several kernels and chaff stuck around them. Were you able to get the rotor loss down or did you just ignore it?
post #109 of 132 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
HI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSK View Post
What did you do to cut down the rotor loss Don? We were cutting some Durum wheat with shrivelled baked in kernels on Saturday and the only way I could get the rotor loss down was to travel slow at 4-600 bushel per hour. The grain was a bit tough and the straw was not to tough. There is a high mog ratio as well. It was hard to get the chaff off of the thin kernels as well. The returns were crazy high with all these little head pieces that had several kernels and chaff stuck around them. Were you able to get the rotor loss down or did you just ignore it?
Always easier to thresh, separate and clean a good quality crop, here the quality is as good as it gets so far.
Sorry to hear you have the adverse crop conditions.

I think the increased concave area and perhaps more important the finger type rotor grates aid in separation in any condition. Donít forget 6 rotor separation concaves/12 sections as well.
When doing that barley the barley was tough and the straw damp and high MOG/G, literally out of power at sometimes only 4 km/hr, 11.7m/38.5í track.
Dropping straw raised it to 5 to 6 km/hr, the power sucking friction bar in and knifes full in chopping gone.
post #110 of 132 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 11:54 AM

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Don,

Was that Bow barley by chance? Seems like it has rebar in the straw, Very hard to get any speed out of it here.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page