41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 132 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4653 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesixpack View Post
Iíve gone from a SB machine to a plane Jane in the same field and same conditions and never noticed a **** bit of difference in sound or vibration
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSK View Post
We have a Sunnybrook and a non Sunnybrook cylinder running side by side in every field. I would agree there is no vibration differences between the two in the three years of running them.
Seems to be a little confusion here Orly.
(For those old enough to remember the famous Orly Dunstan of the 70ís Pepsi challenge commercials)
Canít account for the lack of observational difference, itís night and day for me. Period. No Pepsi/Coke difference for me.
And the smoother a unit runs the more likely it is to get run properly.
At least with the 8800 the higher the feed rate the quieter it gets, no longer hampered by a noisy feeder chain.
Even the air moved by an empty cylinder is noisier with this larger cylinder.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 132 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 08:50 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)

Not a farmers line , more someone that’s starts a poem

post #123 of 132 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
HI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon_Farmer View Post
You are going to love the Climate system. I had good luck with it, I feel like the ap does need some work in a few areas though. At times we had trouble with it wanting to switch the crop to corn on us and change the head with randomly as well. I was also suprised how well it worked to sync multiple combines together. It really is a game changer for us. I am curious to hear your feedback on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seedcleaner View Post
Don, I have seen the climate screen shot with multiple machines show a better yield (more green) for one machine, but the actual yield figure (create a region, select a pass, etc...) be better for the other machine. They have some issues work out on the climate setup. Honestly don't know why some of those things take so long, but it is convenient.
Just what I needed, more learning curve material!

The days of nonexistent or sloppy moisture and yield calibration days are over, big brother (Mark) is watching!

It does gather lots of info not previously gathered by mapping systems and when combined with the Libra cart weights data Iím sure Mark will be able to utilize it to max advantage.

By cracky, two or three more harvest days and I may have it somewhat figured out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 132 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 09:42 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 834 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpie View Post

Not a farmers line , more someone thatís starts a poem
As long as heís not claiming to hear voices Iíll accept it as fact.
post #125 of 132 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 05:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Hi Don, how is the vertical unloading auger holding up. Around here on two new combines the flighting came loose due to poor welding and had to be fixed.

Last edited by MF57; Yesterday at 12:12 AM.
post #126 of 132 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Ok ,I’ll ask the question. Don how does through put compare, stockish 8800 green meanie vrs full sunnybrook yellow 780? All new paint bells and whistles aside , sheer throughput to beeper? Could you in your old 780 stay ahead of one of your helpers in the 8800?
post #127 of 132 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:49 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 932 Post(s)
Or better yet, will it let you see more than the straw chopper of a New Holland????!!!!

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #128 of 132 (permalink) Old Today, 12:46 AM
John Force - Legend

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar View Post
Or better yet, will it let you see more than the straw chopper of a New Holland????!!!!
I didnít know a TX34 has a chopper

Well how bout that

Some of the less street wise might have to google a NH TX34

Square box........
Round pizza.......
Triangle pieces....

Iam confused......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #129 of 132 (permalink) Old Today, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
HI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MF57 View Post
Hi Don, how is the vertical unloading auger holding up. Around here on two new combines the flighting came loose due to poor welding and had to be fixed.
No sign on that, you mean the flighting in hopper, at the top or bottom?

Did set to the highest gate setting, hole 6 on both augers, sitting unloaded 13,000 kg peas in just under 80 seconds.
Also used the 1/2 speed setting (just one tank auger runs) for a cart top up, that is really slick!
The hopper first shutoff of tank auger(s) and subsequent vertical and cart fill auger emptying also is neat and all automatic. Urgent shut down down by holding on/off button down.
post #130 of 132 (permalink) Old Today, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
HI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercat View Post
Ok ,Iíll ask the question. Don how does through put compare, stockish 8800 green meanie vrs full sunnybrook yellow 780? All new paint bells and whistles aside , sheer throughput to beeper? Could you in your old 780 stay ahead of one of your helpers in the 8800?
No wheat, canola, flax or swathes yet so way too early for any blanket statement.
However, in peas when everything is dry it works excellent and without doubt has significantly higher capacity.
But as soon the straw gets either greener or tougher that pleasantness disappears, feed rate can be cut by 1/2, the vibration and noise and potential fear of plugging challenges my brevity. Which takes very little as I get older!
Under those exact conditions the full spec SB 780 while not likely much faster would be operated with much higher confidence.

But overall I wouldnít want my 780 back as a gift, the massive improvements made everywhere you look make it worth the annoyances I have to put up with this season but know I can fix.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in