The Combine Forum banner

Lexion 590 brakes dragging on the road creating heat.

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  seedcleaner 
#1 ·
On our 590 sometimes the brakes drag sometimes creating a lot of heat. This happened last night when driving it 12 miles to the field. It was hot and it smelt like a smouldering fire on the combine. I have had this happen a few times in the field as well. Luckily we keep this area really clean to prevent fires. It seems to happen out of the blue. Is there anything a guy can do to prevent this or to help the pads release better so they do not rub on the rotor?

#3 ·
I always find that first move of the season they brakes will be hot just polishing up again. And the reason why you ALWAYS blow the top of the transmission off real good before they are put in the shed. Ours are stored remotely so a big move is first thing right off the hop.

#5 ·
We demoed a 2010 740 and the right brake caught fire and melted a wiring harness just above it. The young German tech had the copper wires separated in short order and taped them apart from one another and we were going again pretty soon. I was impressed for his capabilities and eagerness.

He had some opinions of the "monkeys in Omaha" about assembly that I found funny. I think he mentioned wrong brake pedal adjustment, or air in the line, or something like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.