2017 760 - The Combine Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By kauppfarms

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
2017 760

What do I need to know about the 2017 760 that is different than the 2014 model. Does the hydraulic rotor close enough rotor off for canola? Does the brake on the feeder house need to be tuned to the crop conditions? Does it only monitor slipping on the APS drum or does it stop the feeder house if slippage is detected on the cylinder? impeller? rotors?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 10:01 PM

Quoted: 395 Post(s)
I hate to steer you wrong but I was thinking the main cylinder still isn't actively monitored, only monitored by calculating APS speed. I might be wrong. I wouldn't expect the actual brake need to be physically adjusted for each crop condition.

I think a hard press on the header stop button on the hydro handle will activate the brake. You could test it that way.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I’m not sure with canola, but you should be able to close three sections from the cab and two from the valves on the side. You will have Cropflow on that machine and it will actuate the feeder brake if it senses a overload. It is a great feature and works really well. I have seen cylinder slip alarms ppop up so I’m not sure how that speed is sensed but cropflow will automatically shut down the feeder to help it clear it’s self. The brake doesn’t need adjustment between crops as far as I know. I have ran corn as well as many small seeded crops with no issues. The 17s will have the much heavier variable speed drives, that’s a huge improvement. Also think the chopper has some good changes as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 03:12 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2875 Post(s)
Crop flow monitoring is activated if anything exceeds slippage limits. It works well and has three levels of sensitivity or can turn it off. Cylinder speed not monitored, it gets that from APS.

Also the 2017 760tt will have the larger hopper. There is lots of little improvements, only drawback is chaff spreaders blowing backwards into radial spreaders IMO.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 10:30 PM

Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Simple biggest thing is the auto crop flow. Completely transforms he combine from a well performing machine with head aches into the all out beast that they truly are. To me it is the single biggest combine upgrade I have seen in all the different brands and models I have run
aussie.ltd. likes this.

Any inquiries-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon_Farmer View Post
I’m not sure with canola, but you should be able to close three sections from the cab and two from the valves on the side. You will have Cropflow on that machine and it will actuate the feeder brake if it senses a overload. It is a great feature and works really well. I have seen cylinder slip alarms ppop up so I’m not sure how that speed is sensed but cropflow will automatically shut down the feeder to help it clear it’s self. The brake doesn’t need adjustment between crops as far as I know. I have ran corn as well as many small seeded crops with no issues. The 17s will have the much heavier variable speed drives, that’s a huge improvement. Also think the chopper has some good changes as well.
I thought the 17s we just purchased had pro chop but apparently they have turbo chop. Our 14s had turbo chop and we were not satisfied. Has turbo chop been improved going from '14 to '17?

Last edited by 4x4ord; 08-29-2019 at 08:46 AM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 12:03 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
You could order with Turbo chop or Pro chop. And yes they made some big improvements in the turbo chop as well. Not exactly sure what they were, but was told it had to do with the drive of the spreaders I think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page