Claas clean grain sprockets - Page 3 - The Combine Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
I'll also mention about half of these hours, the clean grain had a slow down pulley. I really wish this was offered, as most do not need such a high capacity system. I do acknowledge utilizing this with a yield monitor complicates things though.

Someone wanted a picture so I am reposting it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150915_162247.jpg (375.0 KB, 11 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 09:27 AM

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMan View Post
A worn chain will kill sprockets. If you have to run a bad chain then it is best not to tension it too much. Isn't the Claas elevator chain hydraulically tensioned? If so then I'm not surprised that sprocket was eaten up like that.

I agree with transaxial that Claas should not be sourcing crap from China, if I wanted Chinese garbage I would buy a Deere or CNH.
I buy a lot of JD combine parts. Chinese parts are pretty much non existent. They do source from several countries other than the U.S.

Just sold a JD combine. Elevator chains and sprockets just over 2500 sep/hours.

hondaman likes this.
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
460 ,you must be harvesting marshmallows to make it to 2500 sep hours on the original chain and sprockets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 02:22 PM

Quoted: 1194 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seedcleaner View Post
I'll also mention about half of these hours, the clean grain had a slow down pulley. I really wish this was offered, as most do not need such a high capacity system. I do acknowledge utilizing this with a yield monitor complicates things though.

Someone wanted a picture so I am reposting it.

Are you sure your not kicking yourself in the ass going that? Most elevators need a certain speed to work. There not positive cups so as you slow it down the leakage is going to increase.
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 09:40 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2846 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 460 View Post
I buy a lot of JD combine parts. Chinese parts are pretty much non existent. They do source from several countries other than the U.S.
You would definitely know better on that one, but I hear a lot of other guys complaining about Chinese parts from JD. Maybe it's more on planters and tractors and such, or maybe it is a more recent phenomenon. Most of the stuff on the parts shelf in the showroom is China made though, but that is there to grab your eye because it is cheep.

I do know CNH really started to nickle and dime their parts sourcing about 10 years ago. I suffered through that phase for a couple of years and it was very annoying to see about 500 liters of hydraulic oil go on the ground every year from crappy fittings/o-rings/etc. I would note that the Belgium built combines seemed to be cut from a different cloth.

My main point was that Claas has a reputation for above average quality and most of their components are made in-house. A great way to ruin that would be to get anything from China. I bet they don't sell Chinese crap at the dealer stores in Germany!!!
460 likes this.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 10:28 PM

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
If you have a hydraulic tensioner on the chain there is not much you can doo but on the ih combines -IE 2388 the chain is manually tightened and I had found out many years ago not to run the chain too tight as it will cause a bad vibration in the auger as it is driven by the chain and caused the auger to break . So usually run them loose ( can pull the chain away from the sprocket 1/8" ) and have 3500 hours on it with no problems .
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 11:22 PM

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1934 a View Post
460 ,you must be harvesting marshmallows to make it to 2500 sep hours on the original chain and sprockets.
No marshmallows gum up everything and don't flow well.
EBEAR likes this.
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 12:41 AM

Quoted: 1194 Post(s)
Had a look at one of the new clean grain elevator chains in the shelf here and it says Claas on it. No China that I could find.
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 01:03 AM

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
While changing a cab filter on our 9560r tractor the other day i noticed it was made in Germany. Finding that kinda funny after the ribbing i have been taking recently for buying a German combine i walked over to the pallet of parts claas delivered and started looking though it. First filter i grabbed, made in the USA. First sensor i grabbed, made in canada.
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 01:18 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1035 Post(s)
After all the economic hurt China has caused for the North American farmers we should demand that there not be a single part on new farm machinery that is made in China going forward.

hondaman likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page