Def pump - The Combine Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By meskie

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Def pump

Had to change Def pump on 1600 hr 740. Wouldn’t hold pressure. Haven’t got bill yet, but know the hoses from tank to pump are $900. 5 weeks off warranty so will do some whining
Point is, tech hooks up laptop and does a pump run without engine running, pressure slow building up, ah, pump problem. My question to him was “do you do that test in winter inspection”. No. “Why not, especially last year before warranty end”. No answer.
Get yours checked if still on warranty, 5 year warranty on them
Burner issues are their #1 call, why not be preactive?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 777 Post(s)
The service managers all day the DEF related issues are the most calls they get on machines now. Sucks it’s that close to warranty and it failed.

There is a better way to be proactive and just turn it all off. It’s alot less trouble that way.

RunninREDharD and brazil08 like this.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:15 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2837 Post(s)
I'm in my third season and I have had more DEF issues needing a tech than everything else combined, which still relates to basically nothing. This year they replaced the quality sensor assembly in the pre-season inspection because it was faulty. Stupid part is that if it fails the tech has to go through some long convoluted process to document the status of the parts before Claas will cover it, I can see that going over real well when there is crop in the field with rain clouds on the way...

The minute the combine turns 5 you have the delete guy on speed dial and don't spend one red cent on keeping it functional, good money after bad IMO.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:50 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just delete it. It's only going to break when you need it. You can get you DEF pump checked on an inspection in the winter but that doesn't mean it's going to work next harvest.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:30 AM

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
My combine harvested 1 hopper of barley than def coded, luckily a technician I knew came out and deleted it on Sunday. Do yourself a favour and get it deleted if not on warranty. I’m surprised that your dealer didn’t suggest to delete, the dealerships in my area are recommending deletes once off warranty.

Last edited by sasksodbuster; Yesterday at 11:33 AM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 777 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasksodbuster View Post
My combine harvested 1 hopper of barley than def coded, luckily a technician I knew came out and deleted it on Sunday. Do yourself a favour and get it deleted if not on warranty. Iím surprised that your dealer didnít suggest to delete, the dealerships in my area are recommending deletes once off warranty.
Some are suggesting it while still on warranty.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:41 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
I'm pretty sure it's standard across Canada but in manitoba for sure you have emissions warranty for 5 years 3000hrs which ever comes first. This covers all the def and even engine parts. Whatever deals with emissions. I totally get deleting it cuz it's a pain in the a** but if you have a dealer close buy it's not all bad. I know a few customers who have been stung with paying for these bills because they don't know the basics. You can check your farm machinery act for each province. Have had a few customers do deletes once over the time/hr limits and they have been working well.

Stupid is as Stupid does
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Today, 02:23 AM

Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Barn
Our 9230 case combine coded out for low def pressure.
First time, driving it out of the shed getting ready for harvest...
Second time, driving it up to the shop to blow stuff off...
Third time, in the field with first peas ready to go....

..... after 3 times, within a certain number of hours.. LOCKED OUT!!!
HAD to have dealer come out to reset the trip counter... I guess it keeps you from just shutting off and restarting to clear code.. [we know better now]

Turned out there is a little plastic clip on the suction line of the def pump going into the tank... it has a known tendancy to pop out over winter, causing low pressure due to sucking air.

There is another little plastic clip to snap over the first plastic clip that fails, thus keeping the machine from harvesting when conditions are perfect... I think it's worth about $1.25...

Keep calm and combine on....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Today, 09:20 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Anyone know how to delete Deere DPF/DEF? Seems a little more involved than straight DEF.

"Never deliberately make an enemy in life, you'll make plenty by accident." Abraham Lincoln
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Today, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
I have a 2014 760tt that I would like to have deleted. I’m in Nebraska . Who would I get to do that .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page