9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 11:09 AM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4671 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1934 a View Post
I think they are referring to the boost in power for tough spots and unloading on the go. Engine runs at same governed speed but fuel is boosted to maintain the same rpm under higher load conditions.
Yes, but how is that any different from how it’s always been done, even before electronic engine controls?

In any case, it does seem to be easy on fuel and for sure in spite rapid unload harvesting is completely unaffected by the power required to unload, first time I could ever say that.

I can guess how they came up with this, when running on Cruise Pilot and unloading is turned on ground speed is slightly reduced to a constant speed, not because of of the power used but if crop conditions vary speed remains constant. Dynamic Power keeps that gap even narrower.

torriem likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
I Remember visiting with Jeff gray of Claas in 2013 after my first season with a 2011 760tt. I explained that something was wrong when I would try to unload while at full load it would go to 102 percent,then start to loose rpm. I said my Deere 9860 gained power while unloading ,and Jeff sheepishly said we don’t have that.

Last edited by 1934 a; 09-15-2019 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Grammar
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 12:04 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2875 Post(s)
Quote:
I Remember visiting with Jeff gray in 2013 after my first season with a 2011 760tt. I explained that something was wrong when I would try to unload while at full load it would go to 102 percent,then start to loose rpm. I said my Deere 9860 gained power while unloading ,and Jeff sheepishly said we donít have that.
I thought you were gonna say that you started unloading and the hopper was filling as fast as it emptied out...lol

Takes a serious amount of power to unload those things, I spend a lot of time telling the cart guy to go easy because I am at power limit!

So is this "Dynamic Power" something Claas copied from John Deere???

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 12:18 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1060 Post(s)
It is amazing how much extra power it takes as well to climb a hill especially when you are pushing your machine close to the limit.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Swman ,funny you thought I was going to say the grain was coming in faster than it could unload it. I do say that a lot. 13inch filling auger 13 inch unloading auger. Doesn’t make sense in corn.

Last edited by 1934 a; 09-15-2019 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Grammar
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 09:08 AM

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Dynamic power sounds like a fancy way of saying power bulge.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 09:18 AM

Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Guess it doesn't matter how they decide to market it, as long as it is an efficient running machine. That is the $important$ part.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 10:17 AM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4671 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vailcat View Post
Except power bulge took no claim to fuel savings, if it did you wanta believe it would have been mentioned!
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Power bulge when engaging unloading auger on Deere (think it was 35HP) was one thing I really missed when going to Lexion. Was told Cat either didn't have capability or would not do a power bulge, which I never understood. MAN engines do have capability. Would be a nice feature to have.

Deere's large diameter auger really took the power to start when full of wet corn. Wonder if the same is true of the new Claas auger when full. I can see that the ability to clean out auger would extend the life of the unloading system
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 05:42 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMan View Post
Quote:
I Remember visiting with Jeff gray in 2013 after my first season with a 2011 760tt. I explained that something was wrong when I would try to unload while at full load it would go to 102 percent,then start to loose rpm. I said my Deere 9860 gained power while unloading ,and Jeff sheepishly said we don’t have that.
I thought you were gonna say that you started unloading and the hopper was filling as fast as it emptied out...lol

Takes a serious amount of power to unload those things, I spend a lot of time telling the cart guy to go easy because I am at power limit!

So is this "Dynamic Power" something Claas copied from John Deere???[IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/CombineForum_2015/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png[/IMG]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vailcat View Post

The way I understand it, think inverse power bulge.

If you’re cutting corn or a crop that doesn’t require rated horsepower, the ECM puts the engine in a more efficient configuration.

Think trucking, if you could have a 600hp engine loaded and a 425hp empty.

That’s not exactly how it’s explained but the only sensible way I can sort of relate it to something understandable

adsinaus and TrewDiesel like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page