595 Lexion can not get up to road speed? - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 03:20 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1061 Post(s)
595 Lexion can not get up to road speed?

I was combining with my 595 tonight and a warning came up that a distance or some type of sensor was defective. After that I could only get to 3.75 mph in first gear and 8.5 mph in second even when the red switch was pressed deactivating the hydraulic functions. I wish I would have written down the exact alarm. Does anyone have a clue what is wrong or how to fix it. My son was wondering if a piece of mud is blocking the sensor. I have to road it tomorrow morning 12 miles and am not looking forward to traveling 8 mph. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks SouthenSK

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 07:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
There is a speed sensor on the top front of the transmission. Sometimes metal wear filings will stick to it and not read correctly. Usually you won’t have a speed on the cebis. This was on a 760tt I don’t know if it would be the same on yours.

Last edited by 1934 a; 09-18-2019 at 07:04 AM.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 04:13 PM

Quoted: 1219 Post(s)
The speed sensor is located on the back side of the hydrostatic motor. Maybe check that something didn’t snag the wire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 02:00 AM Thread Starter

Is that the one that is sandwiched between the fan housing and hydrostat motor? What a day we had. After rebuilding the brakes on my 590 and putting in a seal kit they still are rubbing and creating to much heat. After a half a day of use the chaff caught fire behind the brakes and burnt the wires off to a couple of the sensors. My pickup truck that was being used to get to the burning combine started to have straw smolder underneath burning off the transmission shifting cable. Then we look and the field was on fire. Thank God the wind went down just prior to the fire otherwise it could have been ugly. What more could go wrong. I think it is time for bed.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 02:11 AM

Wowza. Yeah that’s the one. You’ll definitely have issues if there was a fire under there. If your careful you can trace where they go and repair them
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

The warning we are getting is " high pressure sensor for hydraulic ground drive forward travel speed defective". I assume this is a different one than the speed sensor. The speed sensor your are refers to is one of the ones that burnt off and the other one that burn was a small wire going to the outside front bottom of the hydraulic pump.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 01:16 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSK View Post
The warning we are getting is " high pressure sensor for hydraulic ground drive forward travel speed defective". I assume this is a different one than the speed sensor. The speed sensor your are refers to is one of the ones that burnt off and the other one that burn was a small wire going to the outside front bottom of the hydraulic pump.
Those are up top by the hydrostat pump. There is one for forward and one for reverse, they may be the same I can’t remember... if so and it’s just intermittent you might could swap them to get it roaded. There is a calibration that needs to be done with a laptop if you replace.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 03:24 AM

I’d there? Crap we’ve only ever just replaced them and rolled.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 05:40 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesixpack View Post
I’d there? Crap we’ve only ever just replaced them and rolled.
Yea I think it needs to calibrates the pump pressure since the 590/595 uses a variable displacement motor. I’ve never changed one and not done it since I always had the laptop anyways but that’s good if you’ve done it and got back going. I know the speed sensor down on the transmission has to be turned to a certain position if it’s messed with and it’s hall effect so if you mess with the Wiring or splice it can cause some strange issues as well.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 09:18 AM

Yes! Totally forgot about that and can’t set it too deep either.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page