Re: PULLED IN 2!!!!!! - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: PULLED IN 2!!!!!!

IF that happened, and IF CAT really did show up and cover it with tarps, then there was somehting much more wrong than improper pulling techniques.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 02:30 PM

Personally, I don't think Cat ever came out with the tarps, but the pulled apart frame, I can believe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 06:41 PM

I don't know how you could pull a Lexion in two. There would have to be an awful lot let go, and I mean a lot (there's a lot of d**n iron in that machine), to get it in two. I've been to Germany and Omaha to watch them be built and have looked over the two I've owned/own and I wouldn't know where to begin seeing it come apart at to result in two pieces.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 01:20 AM

It happens. It's just poor judgement and grossly improper pulling techniques. Now that guy has a dead machine to show for it.

|
|
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 07:32 AM

Quote:So then why was the story floating around if there was no damage, I still think that there is more to the story, so if anyone heres anything let us know. I don't know why cat would try and cover it up, I know stupid things can happen, it probably just had the rear axle pulled off, anyway if anyone elses hears something!!!!!!!!!

YEah, and ya know my wife and I have been trying to have kids for 5 years and poor us, its just not happening..........

This was circulating around the coffee shop my wife temps at. Best freind (who lives an hour away) was helping me last winter mud my house said thats what his dads neighbor lady came up with.

BTW: Ill let you and everyone know when we start trying if ya really REALLY need to know. BUT for right now were still practising.

BTW: Rochesters claiming no damage to that guys 590, and if there was damage to that guys combine, who for the area runs quite a bit, who Im sure employs people, has relatives around.................HESUS C rist man, If they can keep all there mouths shut, (for what reason, I dunno) well, thats just amaizing!

BTW: Aftermarket tracks S-ck! EDIT: They don't all s-ck, just the ones that make ya use a different operating gear......IMO

BTW: Tarps sure make people talk

http://u15205752.onlinehome-server.com/f....=225173#M225173
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 12:44 PM

Re: THERE YOU GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:Alright guys, so combiness I don't want to hear anymore ranting about combine demo derby's, so lets all keep quiet, don't ask questions because some people don't want to know....

Ask all the questions ya want. You ASSumed since this story was floating all around its gotta be true, and ya know, it might just be. BUTT it very well could be false.

Moral of the story, If your askin for facts, don't get any, but really, really want the rumor to be true, don't come on here without the expectation of gettin a little heat from the crowd.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 01:09 PM

Muddy does have a point. We all know stuff like this can and does happen to combines, but what's the big deal? No, Cat doesn't care enough about a mere accident to pull a tarp over something just because it happened to be a Lexion. Yes, what most people call "pulling in two" is the back axle getting ripped off, which still causes substantial damage to the frame.

Yes, there are just too many rumors of this or that happening. Neither the Lexion, nor the 9760 are confirmed, either. All just hear-say, based on a very real fact, just as fires are real and do destroy combines, but who really needs to know just who all lost what or where.

|
|
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 05:56 PM
jus

I'm not sure about pulling in two, as how much tractor would you need to do that and where would you hook up the chain, so that the connecting point like the axle would not get ripped off first.

Also the whole tarping thing, I doubt that would happen, if anything claas would send a couple of trucks to go pick up the pieces and put it in a shop somewhere to figure out what happened, why waste time tarping a combine in the field, have to get the combine out of the field eventually, might as well be right away.

As far as wrecking a combine when pulling them out, I know it does happen, already saw the aftermath where someone pulled a little too hard on a JD 9600, where they twisted the frame enough that none of the components inside would rotate freely.

Only way to fix that one was to write it off.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 08:45 PM

I think the pic has been removed?
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 08:52 PM

Quote:Yea I guess the driver of the combine was LIEING to me when him and 2 others told me about the 9760

Isn't this thread about the Lexion that "broke in two".

I didn't quote ya. Maybe Im just crabby and shouldn't be spoutn my mouth today.............I do know it'll be nice in a week or so when the tillage is done.

Good luck
Best wishes to all.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page