590r report - Page 3 - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 07:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: 590r report

Quote:The wheat threshed quite easily, so we left the plates down. Do all lexions come with intensive threshing segments? I looked in the manual and then in the combine and couldn't find anything that resembled intensive threshing segments. Do you have yours in for wheat and out for canola? By the looks of it they mount between the APS and the concave. Please enlighten me.

All lexion should have come with intensive threshing segments installed.
The intensive threshing segments are located like you said between the APS concave and the main concave. They fit right at the peak between the two; held in with pins on the back and two bolts on the front. Most of the segment is hidden from view from the front with the rock trap open. Make sure you open up the concave all the way. You can clearly see the bolts because the are on the front edge. You need a 16mm socket to remove the bolts. make sure if you run with them out to put the bolts back in the holes to keep the holes from filling up.

Some people leave them in, and some switch back and forth. Bottom line you may need them for any hard trashing wheat or even barley, you can leave the out for canola. In canola I would think they would slow the crop down, and effecting capacity but I know people have left them and done fine in canola. So it really up to you to try and see what works best.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 09:31 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

We had them in for wheat and out for canola and flax. Next year I'm going to try running with them out in wheat, I think that most people around here run with them out in all crops. They are easy to remove, it takes about 15-20 minutes.

post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 05:58 AM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4694 Post(s)

Went for a ride last night with fellow poster "Woody". Didn't know crutches would fit across the windshield of a 590R. Nothing to do with the 590, long story, children involved and potential good parenting.
To those of you who think your "X" combine could run with a 590R, as Bart Simpson would say
"Get bent".

Don
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 04:20 PM

Hey Don
Finished this morning.wanted Terra and mom there for the last pass of harvest 07.Had to fuel up,would have ran out with about 20 acres left on the half.What was that thread we were going to start?catch ya later.
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 07:30 PM
HI!

Congratulations.
Just looking at the MacDon box stuffer broacher that came this week.
Looking at larger headers he he.
Can't remember the thread either maybe when the beer wears off
Thank you for the tour last night, it was an eye opener.
Have a hoppy weekend (O that was bad)
I do hope you heal fast.

Don
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 01:36 AM
HI!

Quote:Sorry to hear about the crutches.
Actually the crutches were Woody's. He'll read and appreciate your comment.
The straw was tough (cut straw sitting up on stubble) but not super tough. It's actually been dry this week, harvest in this area will just be a memory by Monday.

Don
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 03:21 PM
HI!

Went to ride on another friends Lexion 590R last night, he was a man (sorry Combiness, person) short, I ended up running it.
O goody assbackwards header and reel lift buttons. Gotta love that down is up logic. Deere changed to up is up logic with the 60 series all in the name of "standardization". By the way the 8010 I demoed last week was also back wards yet sister 9070 was correct. Not even standardized within the same company!
But having to push an auger swing button to STOP a swinging, running auger is dumb beyond belief. Do they actually test this stuff in the field?
Didn't care for that sliding pole speed control, it's gone anyway, hopefully they fixed the two other issues too.
Tobaboy says the turning radius is poor. Is there a gold metal for understatement of the year? This machine had 28L26's. The bolts could be turned in or removed but not much cylinder stroke left so I'm not sure if you'd gain much in addition to possible interference. At least it had a steering wheel spinner.
That road headlight thing is unacceptable and dangerous and limiting engine speed to conserve fuel on the road? Big deal, just give me 40 kms/hr.
I suppose your wondering if I liked anything.Well actually I did. The straw was tough, plugged the knife on a honey bee header several times, and when you went through a draw the added volume loaded the engine down but doesn't give you the feeling of impending doom of plugging, or the rumble and grumble of all rotary machines.
The cab is quieter then my 9860, and the night field lighting is terrific.I didn't pay any attention to quality or losses, wasn't my department.
I'm sure I forgot things but Claas knows where I stand On 3/4's of this post.

Don
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 04:09 PM

Just wondering, can you turn that button around, we demoed a 595 last week and I also did not like that but not a deal breaker, you can teach this dog new tricks, and as far as the turning radius goes if you are running a 36' header it seemed fine to us, or get the new 40 or 42 foot I cant remember which one honeybee is coming out with but that one would fit the turning radius just right. And DON I thought that you had a 590R am I wrong?
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 05:47 PM
HI!

Quote:Just wondering, can you turn that button around, we demoed a 595 last week and I also did not like that but not a deal breaker, you can teach this dog new tricks, and as far as the turning radius goes if you are running a 36' header it seemed fine to us, or get the new 40 or 42 foot I cant remember which one honeybee is coming out with but that one would fit the turning radius just right. And DON I thought that you had a 590R am I wrong?
Just a 9860 and looking.

Don
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 06:15 PM

what are you looking at? I think we are going to order the 595R's they just seem to blow everyone else out of the water, it looks like a no brainer I don't understand why there aren't more people going that way other then their loyalty to color. We run gleaners now and the A85 is a nice machine but does not compare to the 595, we have neighbors that run 9860 and 8010 and they came over to take a look at the 595 last week we demoed and I think they are leaning that way as well, I don't own their stock but that machine blows evryone else away, more people need to start looking harder that way, save them money and time, running a machine that will do the work of 2 smaller combines, just my 2 cents.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page