Did a demo with a 880cf today - The Combine Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Did a demo with a 880cf today

Dealer brought out a 45 ft new holland 880cf draper today. Couldn't believe how close it was able to cut and contour today and we had it on some big hills. I highly recommend guys try a demo with this thing. It takes awhile to get things adjusted proper but after that just sit back and watch. We currently run 40 ft fd75 with aws air reels and I thought there's no way it could come close but I was wrong. The new holland didn't have the air reel so hard to truly compare but didn't see much difference side by side. If it had air it would be as good or better. I like that it's integrated into our cr9090s unlike the macdons.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 12:37 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2653 Post(s)
What crop were you doing? Did you notice the additional weight?

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 12:38 AM

Quoted: 993 Post(s)
Is this header made by honey bee or New Holland? It is great to hear there is or will be more competition for Macdon. Macdon with there FD headers have had a lot of market share and always demanded a high price for there products. Hopefully headers in general will come down in price as farmers have more good choices available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 01:00 AM Thread Starter

We were cutting lentils that have leaned over pretty good. Did not notice any additional weight at all. Cost is listed around 130k so pretty sure prices not coming down haha. Its made by new holland. We like our macdons but told dealer to get a price on a trade for after harvest we liked it that much. Hard to believe it matches macdons in performance. Only thing we hate about the fd75 is when we cut cereals you can't use the auto pressure to contour a certain height have to do it all manually. We also straight cut canola and the new holland has a much larger feeder drum than macdon so would be better. It's similar to a john Deere hydroflex as far as the cutterbar goes and drives a dual knife from the Center off hydraulic motor.

Last edited by West Central; 08-29-2015 at 01:03 AM.
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 01:13 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 810 Post(s)
This is the CNH header, which Case sells as the 3162. This header has been sold in yellow paint for several years now, only now it has the cam-action reel that they licensed from MacDon, and it's available in 45-foot width now. Apparently the new reel makes it work very well compared to earlier versions.

I'm glad to hear it works well. On the Case forum one person was quite vocal in his criticisms of how when the knife was in its lowest position there was quite a ledge for the crop to get up over, though of course he had never run the thing so he had no idea how it really performed.

What do you mean about it being integrated with the combine?
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 01:14 AM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4484 Post(s)

Last edited by Don Boles; 09-08-2015 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Moved to different thread
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 01:20 AM Thread Starter

Last edited by Don Boles; 09-08-2015 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Moved to different thread
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Central View Post
You can't use auto height on cereals with a macdon with our cr 9090s.
I believe you can because we were doing it today. I'm no expert here but I set it as a varifeed header in the head 1 under toolbox. I turned lateral tilt off and had the gauge wheels in the second notch down below the fully raised one. I lowered the head down to cutting height and held the "R" button and it was set. We just moved the lateral tilt between B and C to get down lower for lodged areas. As you can see we were cutting through some pretty rolling land today, about a 40' elevation difference on this half section!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _20150828_195206.jpg (199.3 KB, 169 views)

Orlando A. Battista
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 01:44 AM Thread Starter

We're you using auto pressure off your gauge wheels you mean? Never have been able to get it to do that. Or you use auto height where it just returns to a preset height and doesn't move up or down to adjust to hills just stays that height?
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Central View Post
We're you using auto pressure off your gauge wheels you mean? Never have been able to get it to do that. Or you use auto height where it just returns to a preset height and doesn't move up or down to adjust to hills just stays that height?
I don't know? Give me a spot to look and I can find the settings for you. I wasn't sure I could get these things to work today as I haven't used them yet. We were gonna pick up swath but that was tough so figured we would give the standing a try. Glad we did.

Orlando A. Battista
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page