1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 01:36 AM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4671 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolio View Post
I didn't realize that there were 2 different types of headers. A flexheader and a flexcutter. Does New Holland have a flexheader or flexcutter? Leaning that way due to lower dollars and we have a NH combine.
You are confusing at the very least me, by flex header I think you mean flex draper?

As to how low a FD 75 can cut, I cut lower and evener with a 40' FD75 on a combine than a 35' D60D rigid on a swather.

bussard likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 05:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolio View Post
Good to know ShinyNewFarmer. We do have some very large steep hills, so this is quite interesting to me. We do roll everything as there are rocks also. This has greatly helped over the years when swathing and combining.

I didn't realize that there were 2 different types of headers. A flexheader and a flexcutter. Does New Holland have a flexheader or flexcutter? Leaning that way due to lower dollars and we have a NH combine.
I would stay away from the CNH drapers,we had a new NH rigid draper this year and it never fed smoothly, dealer tried a few different things but nothing helped, others are having the same problems too, we're looking to get rid of it and put a FD75 on our combine, cheaper in the long run to buy a macdon right from the start than to try and save by getting a NH draper then have to changeover

post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 06:21 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaus View Post
I would stay away from the CNH drapers,we had a new NH rigid draper this year and it never fed smoothly, dealer tried a few different things but nothing helped, others are having the same problems too, we're looking to get rid of it and put a FD75 on our combine, cheaper in the long run to buy a macdon right from the start than to try and save by getting a NH draper then have to changeover
Interesting that you say that. Had a demo of a cr8.90 this year and it had a CNH draper on it. Crop was down in patches and we were having trouble getting our 94c Honeybee to feed. The CNH front had no trouble and fed really well.
Not saying it mightn't have trouble in other conditions but it went well for the few hours it was here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 06:55 AM

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhinoz View Post
Interesting that you say that. Had a demo of a cr8.90 this year and it had a CNH draper on it. Crop was down in patches and we were having trouble getting our 94c Honeybee to feed. The CNH front had no trouble and fed really well.
Not saying it mightn't have trouble in other conditions but it went well for the few hours it was here.
It'd be interesting if there'd been a Macdon equipped machine to compare between those two as well
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 07:10 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
"As to how low a FD 75 can cut, I cut lower and evener with a 40' FD75 on a combine than a 35' D60D rigid on a swather"

That also applies to a 45' fd75 will cut lower and cleaner than a 40' d65 Macdon head.. Had them both in same feild this last year and seen it first hand.. Macdons fd75 kick ass and was worth the 12 grand Extra

Now did also hear some great info on the new honey bee air head..
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 07:51 PM

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boles View Post
You are confusing at the very least me, by flex header I think you mean flex draper?

As to how low a FD 75 can cut, I cut lower and evener with a 40' FD75 on a combine than a 35' D60D rigid on a swather.
I am not surprised to confuse someone, I have only had swathers before and they have always been rigid. I really don't know anything about flex headers, drapers, etc...

Good info fella's, thanks.
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 09:59 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
My 2 cents ,I bought a MacDon 40 ft. Single knife drive last fall only had it for 800 acres of soy beans traded a case 3020 auger head off on it .if I were to rate the two heads MacDon is a 10 the auger head is about a 3 ,can't Waite to cut my winter wheat next July with the draper .I tell people for a change I got what I paid for and I'm very satisfied .
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-16-2015, 08:25 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My 2 bobs worth. We have just finished harvest with d75 2015 brand new to me this year. Got top auger. Harvested peas,beans,canola ,wheat and barley. It is my second Macdon. Loved the first one. If This one if it burnt tomoz I would go get more wood.. The slug feeding centre drum jamming piece of **** I've ever owned. Macdon simple. Must be season. So I got a neighbors 1 serial number apart. Away you go. My retractable fingers didn't extend as far as his. So we cut new key ways to re time it. Bit better. Tore all the centre deck ribs off. Jump feeder chains. It's a dog. No help at all. Just keep changing ****. I would have jammed the centre table auger 20 times tonight. 5t wheat crop. Two foot hight nice and hot 3km hr 20t hour. It's bullshit. Any one know about new honeybees.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tell Me I Cant Do Something and I Will Do It Twice & Take Pictures
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-16-2015, 09:30 AM

Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little guy View Post
I've been looking at buying fd 75 macdon headers and have several questions. We have a 760 and a 570.... we grow soybeans, wheat, barely, oats, and canola. And our land is flat.

Is the cross auger a must have in strait cutting canola?
Is a double knife that much better or even neccary?
Is 40 ft the preferred width?

Also wondering if anyone has a damaged fd 75 I could repair...?. it seems like they are a write off as soon as something big is bent slightly or if a welder is needed on them
I have one single drive FD 75 that I'd love to sell you.

Macdon shouldn't even make them without the double knife drive.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-16-2015, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I have one single drive FD 75 that I'd love to sell you.
Macdon shouldn't even make them without the double knife drive.

Can u tell me more about the one you'd love to sell me?

Also wondering if its possible to add the second side drive if its that much better.....? or not worth the trouble? the way I see it the only major part about it is cutting hole and mounting the drive motor.... the hydraulics just run in a circle anyway.I'm sure some of you think just spend the money and get on with it , but going from two 2006 lexion auger heads to newer FD75 could get costly. And we would be the second farm in area with FDs so its not the standard in this area for sure, but im quite confident its the right move !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page