CNH RowGuide - Page 2 - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 06:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by danbits View Post
Mine always veers to the right when activated. When it finally straightens out it is ok. It leans stalks over too far and takes to long to straighten out, maybe 50 feet or so. Have tried changing aggressivness and other settings, but nothing helps. No solution yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
What display are you using? Because on a trimble display there is 2 places where you can adjust the agressivness. One is located directly where your field is displayed and the other is under the setup menu. they both do the same kinda thing but don't react the same so sometimes it's nice to try both.

Also check all your antenna location setup. height length etc... If the measurments you entered aren't accurate it might not help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 07:37 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
we had truesight with agleader on our newholland 8 row wides i didnt care for it in the hills and in slightly goose necked corn it did wonders but with all the leaves on the ground this year the feelers caused plugging quite often i took mine off for the majority of the harvest and the other operater continued to fight them

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 12:09 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmboy95 View Post
we had truesight with agleader on our newholland 8 row wides i didnt care for it in the hills and in slightly goose necked corn it did wonders but with all the leaves on the ground this year the feelers caused plugging quite often i took mine off for the majority of the harvest and the other operater continued to fight them
I assume you are talking about the Truesight system from Headsight Mfg. Could you explain more about how the system didn't work because of the trash on the ground?
What didn't you like about the system in hills? I do think that the company offers a hillside package that senses slopes and steers the combine up the slope, works pretty good for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 01:02 PM

I was looking at the truesight system. We run a 40 series deere head on a 1666 case combine. If I had a JD universal steering wheel could I use the truesight?
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 04:12 PM

I run a Truesight setup but I don't sell them. You'd have to contact Headsight, I wouldn't trust a dealer to give you the right answer.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 01:02 AM

Video: Headsight row feelers in already harvested corn Amazing !!!! | Farms.com

Has anybody installed a Truesight on an air drill for inter row seeding?
If so, just wondering how well it works in wheat or canola stubble.
Thanks
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 06:48 AM

MidWest,
They didn't seem to react soon enough on the steep hills, it didn't bring it up far enough and then when it became less steep it went over to far trying to make up for what it lost on the hill. The plastic guides/sensor arms pushed and caught a lot of leaves that were on the ground and then when the big pile finally came through it plugged the row it was on. It wasn't much of a problem in good corn but i think it would guide through the trash better with metal rod feelers like the CNH one. We had a topnotch serviceman but i just got tired of messing with it when it was time to really get some corn picked.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 10:34 AM

Farmboy, I run a Truesight setup that adjusts for hillsides and helps steer the combine up the hill. Call Headsight and see what they can do for you in your hills. Plus they may give you advice on something you can adjust to fix your issue, they want you to be happy with the thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page