JD 600 Series Flex - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-01-2016, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
JD 600 Series Flex

We have a 635 and a 630 flex for doing our beans. We are breaking way more guards and sickles on the 30 footer. Feeder house angle is about the same on both machines. I'm running the 30 footer around 1100 psi and the 35 footer is getting run at 14-1500. Is my pressure to low causing problems? The 35 footer feeds and cuts a lot nicer even though it has the higher stone dam, which doesn't make sense. Guards and sickles were brand new on both headers at the beginning of the year. Just looking for any advice out there anyone can provide. Thanks.

I'm not here to tip toe through the rose garden, I'm here to bulldoze through the bullshit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-01-2016, 09:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Increase your hydraflex pressure upto 14-1500 as increasing the pressure decreases the ground pressure. Our 635f has been quite good with sickle or gaurd breakage, but I tend to avoid running lower pressures. If experimenting with pressure doesn't help, changing the feederhouse angle upwards is the next step.

I'm assuming that the breakage is occurring across the entire head rather than in localized areas that would point to more of a cutterbar issue.

Last edited by megrizzly; 10-01-2016 at 09:56 AM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-01-2016, 10:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
635F. Running as low as 1100psi in dry ground. High as 1500psi in wetter/mud areas.
Very rarely change any sections or guards.

Andrew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-01-2016, 10:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
There are two kinds of guards you can buy from deere for flex header. There are the normal wear once and then there is one that u can get for a bit more money. We have tried the cheaper once and there is a huge difference, we went back to the hard surfaced more expensive once and they are worth the extra money cause we very very rareley have to replace a broken guard.I cant quite remember what the more expensive one is called but i think cheap once are black and better once are green.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-02-2016, 12:16 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
We are running the black guards. Bumped my pressure up to 1500 psi from 1100. Didn't break a single guard or sickle today. It also cut way cleaner and didn't want to rip the beans out of the ground. Probably gained 3/4 of a mile an hour of ground speed. Thanks for the advice. Finished all or our beans except 60 acres that were hailed really bad. Pulled onto the neighbours yesterday and finished tonight. Done about 1000 acres of beans in 4 short days with numerous break downs.

I'm not here to tip toe through the rose garden, I'm here to bulldoze through the bullshit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page