The Combine Forum banner

Macdon FD1 new header

17K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  adsinaus 
#1 ·
So I have no info on these headers, seen a picture on social media from a show or unveiling or something. Anyone know anything?

#4 ·
I don't know if that is the new header or just that the numbering system is different for Europe. Lots of videos on youtube for Macdon FD1 and FD135 and FD140 operating last fall. Looks very similar to me. Only thing I noticed is that the flighting on the upper cross auger comes right to the middle, no paddles.

Not sure how to link the 4-5 you tube videos I saw.

#7 ·
The number's are in reference to the header size. The 1 in front is the new series. Drapers get a newly designed RTD and the reel finger spacing is narrower to help feed thinner crops. The swathers get the new header option. 50" drapers and the newer reel. Traction unit's are redesigned. Lot's of good stuff coming from macdon this year

#8 ·
Couple of pictures of last week. Forgot to take one of the new reel but it's just tighter spacing on the teeth. The adapter has a new rtd and a new polly pan on the bottom of the feed deck. They're saying around 20% more capacity with the new XL header over the D65. New swather is a big improvement over the M series.

Attachments

#9 ·
Very interesting. Thanks for posting the pictures. The deeper deck would help with Canola (both swathing and straight-cutting).

Saw three of these new tractors on a truck heading somewhere near Taber. MacDon's Canada website still doesn't show the new headers or tractors. So would a dealer be getting units already?

#14 ·
Sometimes it's rocks, sometimes it's wads, sometimes it's a bunch of reversing from plugged feederhouse and wads from that. It's generally kind of a PITA to tighten and therefore often gets neglected, we tighten likely every 100-150hrs. Cover to access it is a miserable 2868 to get back on. I've tried 60H chain and it doesn't seem to fare any better.

#15 ·
The drive has been updated from what I understand, heavier parts inside the drum for the disappearing fingers and what holds them on. Canada won't see these machines till next year, USA will have the 1240 this year due to the fact of emissions down in the states. They plan to have a group of demo machines set out across western Canada for the dealers to try out with customer's. They had a video playing of a 35ft D65 vs a 35ftXL mounted on M-155 and the 1170. Both had cross augers and the D65 could not keep up to the XL, I believe running around 1 mph or more faster. They had a drone running above them and the crop was barely making it to the back of the header on the XL and the D65 needed all of the cross auger to keep it flowing. The camera on the side of the header on the XL showed the crop going up 3/4's. They said it was in 50 bushel canola.

#26 ·
I never got a chance to actually measure or ask anyone but for quite a while macdon hasn't cut what it actually says. I believe the last time I measured a 35ft d65 header it was only cutting 34'5", could be off a inch or 2. With the price farmers pay it would be good to get what's advertised. I know on the Massey side you get 35 or 36ft. They actually gave you extra couple inches. The dyna flex is advertised as 35ft and you get about 4" more which doesn't sound like much but if you set your auto steer for a 4" overlap you're going to be cutting 35ft pretty much all day long. It's a thought.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.