1020 case header - The Combine Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2017, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
1020 case header

I have a 1020 with hydraulic fore aft however my 1640 doesn't have the option. I've been told you can hook fore aft hose up to one of the other connections and move it to desired position then unhook. If this is possible which connection would I hook it to? The reel speed or the raise and lower connection?

M0737098 is offline  
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2017, 01:32 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 954
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Raise and lower.

361turbo is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2017, 01:55 PM
Senior Member
SWFarmService's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Regent, SW North Dakota
Posts: 9,742
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2679 Post(s)
Raise and lower but you will have to remove the return coupler or it won't move

You can add a splitter valve on the unloading auger circuit

God Bless America
SWFarmService is offline  
Sponsored Links
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 11:23 AM
Senior Member
Jeff-C-IL's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,150
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
If you are just trying to get it to a specific point, and will leave it there, hook it up to a tractor and move the reel and bolt it.
If you want to move the reel in use---then you will need to add a splitter (doubler) valve on the unloading auger swing circuit.
You have to have a 2 way circuit (pressure either direction). The reel raise circuit is only 1 way (pressure up, release down, only 1 hose).
The reel drive circuit is low pressure, and not a 2 way--just flow in one direction.

AHHC specialist
Jeff-C-IL is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 04:11 PM
Senior Member
kenmb's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Central Sk
Posts: 3,719
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
You are aware you can add another hydraulic block to your valve stack to add the option. Did it to our 1660 years ago. Find a valve block at a wrecker and bolt it on, pop a switch in the dash cutout and i beleive all the wiring is there already. Been a decade ago but was easy.
kenmb is offline  
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome