Looking for stripper head for Lexion - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 02:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boles View Post
Which feeder drive do you have on what year of 760?
That can become the limiting factor in a heavy crop.
2015 760. I am not sure which feeder drive it has. It was ordered as a corn machine, so I am thinking it would be the heavier drive.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 02:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTee View Post
I would strongly suggest staying at or under 36 feet. The stripper header easily outpaces the separating capacity of the 760.
For us, a 40 bushel durum crop is a good year. It would be a rare year where I would be challenging the separation capacity, I think. I generally am running as fast as the machine will go with a 40' head on it already.

The reason I want the stripper is to hopefully catch more snow in the winter and to keep more standing residue for next year's crop. I don't anticipate seeing much of a gain in harvesting speed.

BrianTee likes this.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 10:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 492 Post(s)
They do trap snow and conserve moisture. I bought a new cvs32 a year before the wet cycle started here 8 or 9 years ago and fought with mud and straw mat daily so sold it and it quit raining so thinking about getting another one. On 40 to 60 durum Second gear stick full forward in most conditions with a class 7 I grew some Sadash that went near 100 same speed. If straw is tough or a bit green and seed is ready which it can be I could burn up a not cheap VS belt or break shear bolts on stripper so that would limit forward speed. Not sure how the newer models are driven if they have same drives those wide models might give grief in tougher conditions. If you grow flax you won’t find a better method of harvesting it it is definitely a good flax header. A negative if you have a healthy deer population you will have a population explosion as they love to hide out in stripped cereal straw and shed their horns there tire repair gets really costly. I hope you have tracks on your lex and seeding outfit.

Last edited by Snipe; 07-07-2019 at 10:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 10:50 AM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4579 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
They do trap snow and conserve moisture.

If straw is tough or a bit green and seed is ready which it can be I could burn up a not cheap VS belt or break shear bolts on stripper so that would limit forward speed. Not sure how the newer models are driven if they have same drives those wide models might give grief in tougher conditions
Had our biggest snow year in 40 years the winter after my first year stripping. Crop that is.
Snowmobilers loved it, snow like in the mountains only flatter!
My cousin, never taken to compliment, repeatedly thanked me for keeping snow off the the mile of east/west road between us.

I had only two limitations, feeder drive belt slip (wrong drive and never broke the SR shear bolt) but in a thinner crop 15km/hr.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page