Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Draper roller

Is there anything a guy can put on a Draper roller when rubber coating wear off

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 10:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
There are places that do vulcanizing. Had a set of drive rollers on a JD 936D that were just plain steel and would slip. Got them vulcanized and problem solved. Can't remember the name of the company in Winnipeg that does this. Where are you located?

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 12:31 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
On the swathers starting with the d65, macdon has gone away from the vulcanized drive roller to a steel roller with ribs on either end. If you google search d65 draper drive rollers they show up. Only time a draper has stopped with these new rollers is when a rock got wedged underneath.

Reason I bring this up is that on other drive rollers (grain legs, conveyor belts), we've taken the drive rollers and placed small spot welds on them. Never had any issues with belt slippage after that.
Transaxial likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 04:15 AM
John Force - Legend

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Most brands of Draper fronts have slip on rubbers you get from the spares dept

I have done quite a few Macdon and Hbee, ust soapy up the roller then pull the rubber piece over

They are in short sections so they are easier to get on or if you only want to do a damaged end.
Transaxial likes this.

Square box........
Round pizza.......
Triangle pieces....

Iam confused......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 09:18 AM

Quoted: 202 Post(s)
In a pinch if you have lots of slippage loosen the canvas and put some honey in there. It works and was used by my Grandpa on everything from chop crusher belts with the old flywheel set up. Back in the day on threshing machines as well. When applying to V belts be VERY VERY conservative. One or 2 drops at the most. It will literally try and make the belt follow the pulley around vibrating like crazy or break the belts. You will never need a can of belt dressing again. On a canvas when thing get dry and polished the honey sticks fine particles of debri to the roller and canvas giving grip. You don't have to as conservative with it as a V belt application. I had a wore serpentine pulley that was wearing my fan belt out on my combine bad. I had a 1 1/2 day wait for a pulley and honey got me thru til the pulley showed up and made the new belt survive until the pulley showed up.
Transaxial likes this.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm from north central Montana
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 03:01 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookiller View Post
In a pinch if you have lots of slippage loosen the canvas and put some honey in there. It works and was used by my Grandpa on everything from chop crusher belts with the old flywheel set up. Back in the day on threshing machines as well. When applying to V belts be VERY VERY conservative. One or 2 drops at the most. It will literally try and make the belt follow the pulley around vibrating like crazy or break the belts. You will never need a can of belt dressing again. On a canvas when thing get dry and polished the honey sticks fine particles of debri to the roller and canvas giving grip. You don't have to as conservative with it as a V belt application. I had a wore serpentine pulley that was wearing my fan belt out on my combine bad. I had a 1 1/2 day wait for a pulley and honey got me thru til the pulley showed up and made the new belt survive until the pulley showed up.
Same here but we used corn syrup
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 02:31 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
I've used some crap that 3-M makes.. Its rubber in a can, sticky, and the tip plugs after about 3 seconds, but it got me through the last section of canola picking up windrows last year.. Spray it on the roller itself. This was on a pickup head. Seemed to wear off so theres no mess left
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 07:24 AM

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8120fd70 View Post
Is there anything a guy can put on a Draper roller when rubber coating wear off
cut bike tube roll up then roll onto roller make sure of size tube to fit tight
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 09:55 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 782 Post(s)
Heat shrink tubing is available in sizes big enough for a roller. Don't know how it would stand up in regards to wear resistance but have worked with some pretty thick walled stuff that is hard to cut with a utility knife when doing high voltage work.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page