case vs macdon flexdrapers (rant) - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
case vs macdon flexdrapers (rant)

Most people know that macdon builds case's drapers and flex drapers and they are supposed to be identical other than the red paint vs black. But I just found out that even if macdon decides an update is supposed to be done on its headers, that the almighty case engineers have to approve the updates before case headers can be updated, and in talking with a service manager for case, it has happened more than once where case engineers have not approved the update or modified it from what macdon engineers deemed necessary. In addition if case does not approve the update if you ask the case dealer to search for any updates that need to be done, it will not show up, and you may know nothing about it, and because case serial numbers are different than macdons you can not just search macdons database unless you can find a macdon serial number that would be similar in date range to yours. So your neighbour may get an update on the identical header but you may not just because you have case, nice!!

I find this to be a bad joke, case feels macdons products are good enough to have case paint on, but then decide they know more than the engineers that design and build the product as to what should be updated.

does anybody else feel this is absolute bull, I am getting tired of penny pinching companies when it is at the expense of their customers and while the company is generating massive profits. Come on case if macdon product is what you want to sell with your paint on it then support the macdon engineers recommendations, you obviously weren't able to build as good of one cost effectively yourself so don't pretend you know better on what needs fixed or updated.

Bottom line if you are buying new and for the same price your can get a macdon i would suggest, not buying case because there is no upside only downside, unless you really really want a red side panel.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 11:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It just takes time for Case to rubber stamp it, they say they look at it, but they don't. It comes down to how much it will cost them to do it, and it takes them time to figure that out. Im sure there are terms in the OEM agreement about this, but what they are I have no idea.

I recall updating CASE headers back in the day if we seen them and they required it. Maybe call your regional MacDon rep, or just complain to your sales guy to make it happen.

Faster Horses...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 12:05 AM

Quoted: 879 Post(s)
When a local CIH dealership went broke several years ago, I bought at auction boxes and boxes of service manuals and what turned out to be most of the office paper work as well. There as everything from sales records, credit apps, you name it, it was there. But what I found most interesting among the service manuals, were these three huge binders full of machiney recall and update notifications that were sent to the dealer. What really stood out were the ones that clearly stated, basically...advise customer on a need to know basis only if machine is still on warranty and it fails.

A certain CNH salesman on here says I'm full of bullshit, sadly I'm not.

Contracts are made to be broken, a handshake is the law of God.

Last edited by albertabuck; 04-18-2012 at 12:09 AM. Reason: clarification
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbrownsierra View Post
It just takes time for Case to rubber stamp it, they say they look at it, but they don't. It comes down to how much it will cost them to do it, and it takes them time to figure that out. Im sure there are terms in the OEM agreement about this, but what they are I have no idea.

I recall updating CASE headers back in the day if we seen them and they required it. Maybe call your regional MacDon rep, or just complain to your sales guy to make it happen.
The problem with this strategy is that you may not find out about an update when it happens, and if it breaks after the warranty period and you did not find out about it in time then you are usually SOL.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 11:11 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by puddles View Post
The problem with this strategy is that you may not find out about an update when it happens, and if it breaks after the warranty period and you did not find out about it in time then you are usually SOL.
Any mandatory updates you won't be left in the dark about, upper cross augers on the old 974/2062 was a good example of that.

But as to every update, nobody really gets them unless there is a problem. Has your vehicle been reflashed to the most recent computer version? I doubt it. Nearly everything ever made has a fix as fail then update strategy, so I don't know why this is so surprising to you. I'm not saying it's right, its just how it is.

Faster Horses...
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 03:51 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerjones View Post
John Deere is a lot more proactive about updates....you can easily find out from Deere what's available for you machine. And the best part is most of the updates are valid for 3-5 years, so even after the warranty expires Deere often picks up the bulk of the tab. That's pretty different from what we have experienced from Case....they improve it and then charge you 100% of the cost that day after warranty is up.
I hear Deere is "updating" to DEF, must be part of that proactive update.... (sorry couldn't help myself there)

The First 100 years are the hardest!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page