I've seen the 60ft beast! - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 05:57 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
I've seen the 60ft beast!

I went to agquip yesterday and had a chance to see the new 60ft Midwest draper front. It wasn't on the header or combine still on the trailer but the thing is massive! I did a rough step out and your looking at over 20 metres of length! It's got an extra set airbag guide wheels on it! It looks very well build and despite its size is claimed to weigh less than the biggest corn head although I might need help confirming this from our North American friends as I have never seen a big corn front in Australia. I'm open to the concept of a 60ft front I don't think it will work in many places unless its dead flat and all you harvest is wheat. I think auger length is going to be a big issue even with an extension of the factory auger. Another thing I'm concerned about not having any ability to flex being a 60ft beam of steel and how it will bend over time. All drapers develop a bit of a smile over time I know our 936D did so I think the ability for a 60 ft front to cutt low and even might get worse over time. I'm open to the idea but I think 40 ft will be the standard for a long time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
The fact that it divided the JD stand in half like the Great Wall of drapers.. I'm glad I don't have to steer it around, but I guess it will have its place.. When it rains out west maybe?

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 07:55 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We have been running the 60ft Midwest since last summer on our 8230, so far so good. We are 1000 acres into our winter crop harvest at the moment and have no problems cutting on the deck or up high. It seems a nice piece of gear and well built. Time will tell I guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page