Re: Geringhoff - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-18-2005, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Geringhoff

I remember the Geringhoff plastic snouts from about 10 years ago.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-18-2005, 10:01 PM

Yes they are very neat headers, but the prices sure aren't. We tried one on a R72 once. Very nice cornhead.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 08:23 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Ya there neat. None in my area. All are Harvestec. I heard you don't wanna rebuild a Gerringhoff. Lots of $$$$

Take care,

Nathan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 09:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

If you go over to [removed url] then you can check out a few pics of a folding 8 row Geringhoff in use in Europe. These pics are from a friend of mine. He says the older headers were excellent. The new one have went down a bit, mainly for the reason of the gearboxes. The old ones had some sort of gear selector, I think like a manual transmission would have. The new one he has supposedly has some gears in an oil bath that makes it a real pain to change speeds.

With that said, I'm not sure how much of an issue that is here in the US. Their corn grows much taller than ours does, so they have more stalk to bring down through the rolls and grind up under the header.

He says that with the tall corn, the Geringhoff is the only header they have found that will last. The older 1083 Case IH headers were pretty good too, but the ones they had are now worn out. They tried a new Case 2208 head, but it only lasted about 4 weeks. They just got tired of replacing gearboxes on it, and sent it back to the dealer. Again, keep in mind, the corn here in the US doesn't put as much load on it because there isn't as much stalk.

If you are wondering about the corn height difference there, they have a couple less hours of sunlight per day due to the mountains (Alps). Much like trees in a forest, the corn tries to grow taller for more light.

-Lance

Last edited by mx270a; 09-18-2011 at 12:43 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-10-2005, 09:45 PM
jj2

Hello isuajkey

I see that you claim to be an engineering student of some sort. I find your comments on the head to be interesting. What exactly do you find impressive about this machine vs the Geringhoff?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page