The Combine Forum banner

Versatile/Rostselmash-any old ones out there?

6K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  farmac 
#1 ·
Just curious if any old Rostselmash combines are still operating, better known as Belarus or Don 1500. Or am I the only one in North America that runs one?

#8 ·
had two neighbors that used to run Belarus tractors and Don combines. The one made a straight cut draper platform for it out of an old pull type versatile swather. This was back before drapers were even popular.

#9 ·
I'd use the Don 1500 more if I had a straight cut header for it. Working on a Rock-a-matic Crophawk draper header. Doubt I'll have it ready this harvest though. It is easier getting parts for my Belarus tractors than for the Rock-a-matic header.

#10 ·
My father in law was an engineer at the Rostelmach combine factory during their glory years. Lots of interesting stories about them. He says they took an 8820 apart and built the 1500 from it. Last I saw they were still building the 1500 equivalent, painting them green in recent years. I saw a trainload leaving the factory about 5 years ago. The Russian farmers that we met still use them and like them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.