Camera - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 02:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 726 Post(s)
I highly doubt you had Agcam since BG changed away from Agcam on the 7000series carts. They use Cab cam/Voyager cameras now.

My old BG tank has Agcam, 7 years of fertilizer dust and still going strong. Won't buy anything else.

As a farmer, you learn quick: “You don’t get anything that you don’t work hard for”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 03:12 AM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Barn
I bought a 7 inch monitor, camera, and 20ft of wire for 40 bucks total on Amazon. Worked good all season except for when the wind flipped my bin extensions going down the road and tore a wire. Twisted them back together and good to go. They might not be in the same build quality league as the real deal, but the picture is good and you can afford to by 5 or 10 whole systems for what the others would cost.

Just another option

Trent's Custom harvesting, southern manitoba
Cr 970
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 03:53 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
I will second bob123 on that. I have a 4 camera system bought form China for less then 200 CAD and has been great. Uses the standard 4 pin connector that most of the ag companies use for their equipment(never tested the pinout though). I don't want to push the China crap, but I have yet to see any ag electronics made any where else. This is one similar to the one I have. https://www.amazon.ca/Pyle-PLCMTR104...+backup+camera
I can find better deals but my internet sucks ATM. I don't order from amazon just because you can buy it closer to the manufacturer from other sites. As far as I am concerned cameras and anything similar are a plus and can do with out if they do fail-this is why I buy that stuff from china. The dealers take enough of my money on the essential stuff.
Edit: forgot to mention, the real catch with 90% of the china crap is the monitors(since there is only a hand full of manufactures). They are hard to see under bright sun, but if you mount it on the top part of your cab it is all good.

Last edited by Beerwiser; 07-26-2017 at 04:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I've started looking at the off brand setups and some of them have two reverse image cameras and two regular. For $200 USD. Is the reverse image camera something I would want for a grain cart?
peacefarmer likes this.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 10:13 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2910 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Hildebrand View Post
I highly doubt you had Agcam since BG changed away from Agcam on the 7000series carts. They use Cab cam/Voyager cameras now.

My old BG tank has Agcam, 7 years of fertilizer dust and still going strong. Won't buy anything else.
I had one of the first handful of 7950's, before they switched away from ag-cam I guess. Perhaps it was poor install by BG why I had issues with the cables but a search of this site will show others who have had problems with ag-cam wires. I am not aware that any camera's failed but the image was no batter than the cheap one.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-27-2017, 06:10 PM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
cab cam is cheaper and just as good , put ours on the head of auger . One viewing the tank inside and one viewing unloading, on seperate monitor .Then can look at monitor and straight ahead to load and unload
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 06:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Some monitors have a reverse option in the monitor itself for individual cameras, and some cameras have a reverse option built into the camera (usually a screw on the side, two positions). I like it reversed for the rearview camera, then it's just like a rearview mirror, and the same for a camera looking back across a graincart. For other things, direct view is better. Just depends on the scenario.......
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 08:19 PM

Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by white owl View Post
cab cam is cheaper and just as good , put ours on the head of auger . One viewing the tank inside and one viewing unloading, on seperate monitor .Then can look at monitor and straight ahead to load and unload
We dont worry about looking back when filling the chaser. The header driver tells the chaser driver the speed to do as he pulls under the auger. Then the header driver just calls out if he needs closer or further away. The chaser drivers usually know where to run on the previous wheel tracks anyway. For fully filling the chaser the header driver just speeds up or slows down momentarily to top up the bin all along. As the chaser leaves the header driver tells him ow much room he has left or if full that its time to unload. Saves a lot of rubber necking or staring into grainy little screens in bright sunlight. We do run a cam on the chaser unloader though. With bins and trucks getting so high now its great help.
This works great except for one German backpacker we had on one of the chasers. I just couldnt stop him from slowing down or speeding up when I did. After nearly 2 months I nearly had him doing it our way!!!
Next year we will try using the autosteer in the tractors and sinc with the a-bs that the headers are working on.

Last edited by Ozzie; 02-01-2018 at 08:23 PM. Reason: added
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 09:25 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
What about wireless cameras for the grain cart ? I'm thinking of rigging up a 2nd buggy with a camera for this season's corn harvest when a single cart just can't keep up in long 3/4 mile long rows, 275-300 BU/acre....my 2nd cart , a J&M 875, is rarely needed in soybeans except when the truck lines at the river terminal get ridiculously long and slow. Anyway, I really don't want to dedicate a certain tractor to always pull the "spare" cart and was thinking a wireless set-up with a monitor on magnet mount with a cigarette lighter power cord would be a simple fix..... years ago a neighbor tried a wireless camera with lousy reception results...probably due to all the steel walls of the cart between the camera on the back and the monitor screen in the tractor cab.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page