Grain Cart Size - Page 3 - The Combine Forum
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 11:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWsask View Post
I would go with the 1500. It is an absolute time killer to have to run the cart back to the combines to grab a bit more to fill the trailer. Throws everything out of whack. Especially straight cutting if the field is set up to dump once a round.
Another thing to watch is that the advertised sizes are out to lunch. Our j&m we had was a 1325. It would hold 1150 bushels of wheat on the go. Maybe 1250 heaped. Our current elmers is a 1600. It holds 1600 on the go and over 1700 if you stop and top it off. Not sure what other brands are like.
As far as compaction is comcerned the rubber under it is whats important. The j&m had 520 duals. It was terrible for compaction. Even got it stuck a few times where the combines had been already. The elmers has tracks. Far better option. Right full it compacts less than the tractor.
Iíll echo this. We had a 1000bu cart with 2 combines for 10 years. Combines occasionally sat waiting for trucks because the cart had to go back for more to top truck off.

Have a v1500 brent coming this fall and plan to only fill it plumb full in a pinch. Our main concern is getting the trucks on the road as fast as possible as they have up to a 30 mile haul one way. If they are waiting for the cart to go back and get more to top the truck off before they can leave it really eats up combing time. Our thought is that it will reduces compaction because the cart will make fewer trips across the field.

Brent v1500 is a corner auger design if you donít care for the double auger.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Looking at a Balzer 1550 and Brent 1196.

post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 12:06 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1164 Post(s)
I believe j and m and kinze have 1500 bu carts with corner augers. Get tracsks or massive tires and 13-1500 bu. You have tractor allready anyway. And make sure to have scale ran by Libra.

Brent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 01:43 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
You wont get 1000bu in a 1194 brent without work
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 06:02 PM

Location: Adolphustown, Ontario, Canada , which is on North Shore Lake Ontario
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
WE have 2 J&M's , 875 BU &1500BU both corner augers and both work quite good.
The 875 would be close to 20 seasons and the 1500 is 5 seasons old.
The 875 has 900's and the 1500 has 1250's .
I would agree take your trailer size and add 15 to 20% to it for cart size , that way you dont have to stop to top off cart before heading to unload.

Mark

Last edited by Big Cob; 02-07-2018 at 06:04 PM.
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 10:29 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I run a brent 2096. I have one combine and hardly ever dump on the go. My land is spread out, so this way I only need the move the combine and cart to get a half day in, then bring trucks as needed. Allows me to get by with one really good truck and a few older ones if needed. Also, I can sometimes get the elevator to bring two semis out to the field and load them at once. Its really nice in the evening, send everyone home and just combine!
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 01:12 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
As far as tracks go on grain carts, I know everyone loves them.... but, We ran into late corn and flowers one year in the snow and ice, had a 1200 bushel with tracks and a 1200 bushel with big duals, the track cart, one we couldn't pull it in the hills, takes so much power and momentum to keep that cart moving that you'd get half way up, start sliding backwards, power hop, then you were done. That and we ruined the undercarriage by letting it fill up with mud and ice during the day, then tried moving in the morning, thats all she wrote. During a "normal" year, we loved the track cart. If you get a dualed cart, don't buy one that has walking tandems.... You will tip those p.o.ses over. We had a Parker and now a Demco. Both have/had 710R38s hub style like a 4wd is set up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page